Why do men seem to think....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
dixiefreedom said:
that it is impossible to turn the tv on without the remote control? Why is it so hard for them to get off their butt and walk across the room and turn the tv on? Keep in mind, this is the same man that splits all his firewood by hand, has push mowed 2.5 acres all during the warm weather, and planted our entire garden by hand. This same man has planted over 400 trees by himself on this same property so why?
why dont you do those things and see if you want to get up again.
You know what, I DO those things, too! We do them all together, and I still walk my butt across the 6 feet from the chair to the TV. I get up at 5 am every morning to start the fire, put on coffee and make breakfast. He can walk himself to push ONE button, especially since he has to PASS the TV to get to the remote that has his chair.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I get all comfy in my chair...pull up the laptop and then have the kiddos turn on the tv (we have 20 remotes and the one that changes the channel does not turn on the tv or turn the volume up or down...they are all separate remotes.) Then I have the kiddos find me the remote!!!:lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
They seem to think that they are kings & have no need to get up & work again afer they sit down don't they? I remember when there were no remotes for tv's & you had to turn a knob for everything.
Think? We know. :hide

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Homesteadmom said:
They seem to think that they are kings & have no need to get up & work again afer they sit down don't they? I remember when there were no remotes for tv's & you had to turn a knob for everything.
Think? We know. :hide
You don't have to hide under the chair - we already know that you know. A mans home is his castle. Just watch out for the Queen, she will get you.:smack

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Why do men seem to think....
Did I miss something? Men THINK???? OH! SEEM to think....whew! I thought I had missed a man "thinking" there for a moment..... :/ Now, THAT would be a reality show I would sit and watch.....MEN THINKING Maybe ol' Dixie could be the first contestant..put him on an island and let him survive..but first he must demonstrate "thinking"! :lol: :lol: :gig

dacjohns

Reaction score
I think I think too much.

Thinking to self that I will not be offended by this thread. The ladies here are kind and this is all in good fun and is not meant to be malicious. I think. :fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Dacs I just kinda thought about you at the end of this thread so far...wondering how you are quaking in your boots....yea, all is a laugh only. none of this is malicious at all!

all in good jest, but being a minority over here it seems you are truly outnumbered..LOL

sorry! :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah, dac! All in good fun! And because we CAN! :lol: Personally, I love it when you....er....whatdoyacallit?...."think"....yeah, that's what you call it! :D Delightful! Sort of like watching a cat get gum off his paws.... :lol:

dacjohns

Reaction score
I'm not quaking in my boots. I'm cleaning all my fire arms and preparing for Armageddon. :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

are ya sure you want all us SS ladies to survive with you? could be very trying.....:bun