Why do men seem to think....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
that it is impossible to turn the tv on without the remote control? Why is it so hard for them to get off their butt and walk across the room and turn the tv on? Keep in mind, this is the same man that splits all his firewood by hand, has push mowed 2.5 acres all during the warm weather, and planted our entire garden by hand. This same man has planted over 400 trees by himself on this same property so why?

Why is it not possible for him to walk across the room to turn on the tv when he cannot find the remote?

He actually asked me, "How did you turn the tv off last night?"

Um, I pressed the button ON the tv??

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Quail - Its because they are TIRED from doing all that other work and when they sit down they don't want to have to get back up.

Or at my house - the only way. My grandson pushed my on/off button so hard it feel inside the tv housing. If we don't keep up with the remote we can't turn the tv on or off. But even before that it was the same way.

Its really just a man thang.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
They seem to think that they are kings & have no need to get up & work again afer they sit down don't they? I remember when there were no remotes for tv's & you had to turn a knob for everything.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
True, my dad would have us change the channel & adjust the rabbit ears too sometimes! :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they are tired after working hard

heck I am the same darn way! If that remote isn't near me, I freak.

I am tired too when I sit down and don't want to get back up for a little rest....yup, I am a remote gal and proud of it........that little on/off button and channel change by hand, BLAH! :he

I like the technology! I despise when I can't locate that remote..HA HA

I am a Queen and I want my remote!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I arrange myself comfortably, with pillows and lap rug and foot stool- darned if I want to get up to turn on the TV. A remote is my rewards for years of work.........................It's my concerned friend who want me not to trouble myself over the TV...................... I like the remote.

dixiefreedom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
that it is impossible to turn the tv on without the remote control? Why is it so hard for them to get off their butt and walk across the room and turn the tv on? Keep in mind, this is the same man that splits all his firewood by hand, has push mowed 2.5 acres all during the warm weather, and planted our entire garden by hand. This same man has planted over 400 trees by himself on this same property so why?
why dont you do those things and see if you want to get up again.