wind turbines all around...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Rio_Lindo_97 said:
Sounds like a good deal! (I'd say) So how are you planning to advertise a wind turbine? :)
We'll have to discuss that witht hefreind who supplying it, but I have been known to have a big mouth, wo I don't think I will have a problem promoting it.

I'll let you know more detailsas we find out more. :D

corancher

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just signed a lease agreement to have Wind Turbines put on our property. Still a little afraid something could go wrong, but we believe that something needs to be done for green power so here we are.

Anyway, we get paid to have them on the property so we are hoping for the best.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
corancher said:
Just signed a lease agreement to have Wind Turbines put on our property. Still a little afraid something could go wrong, but we believe that something needs to be done for green power so here we are.

Good luck!! If we had enough land, we would sign up for some!!

Colored Egg Farmer

Way Too Many Chickens
Reaction score
greyhorsewoman said:
I think 'small scale' windturbines for the homeowner would be awesome. Have wondered why there hasn't been more technology in that direction for a long time. You don't need a 'lot' of wind to make wind turbines work.

Oh, hi, colored egg farmer. Don't blink ... I think there is a wind farm going up in Mehoopany area sometime soon.
Have you ever seen the wind turbines arround scranton? or was I seeing things?

greyhorsewoman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Colored Egg Farmer ~~ yes there are wind turbines along the mountain range going into Scranton-Wilkes Barre. I understand they are planning on a wind farm somewhere around Mehoopany soon.

corancher ~~

Is this for just one? How did you get this? Where are you located? I'd love to lease out some of my farm for wind turbine(s).

robbobbin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm very interested in wind turbines. Here in central Indiana there has recently been great interest-we have a new wind turbine development one county over.

Wondering- corancher, where did you 'sign up' at? I've done some research online to find info for Indiana and found little really. Nowhere local to even contract with-I think.
We're talking an initial investment of $5,000-25,000 so want to get it right.

I did find online that we live in one of the 2 windiest areas of the state.
With the new net metering laws, it's a win win situation.
I've got alot more to learn and understand about these babies.

dddct

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
corancher.. how much property do you need to have one placed. We would love to have one but I haven't seen any around here at all