wind turbines all around...

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1808_images.jpeg

Priority: Urgent

Perhaps you are susceptible to what is known as "Flicker Vertigo". We worry about that in pilots because of the consequences of disorientation of a pilot. (need I expand on THAT? )

In your situation you can always avoid going through there. Flicker vertigo can induce seizure activity in the human brain. Maybe you should have this evaluated before condemning what might just well preserve our freedom and ability to live with electricity. I have a wind turbine on my farm and no birds have been killed by it...I would know...they would be lying on the ground beneath it if that had happened.

Wind farms are at least one, real, good and viable answer to our fossil fuel problem. I understand your concern, but think about all the issues surrounding the production of electricity with fossil fuels. What are the environmental consequences to not only birds but human beings with the production of the various "fractions of crude oil" that are produced in a cracking tower?

The other is solar. It is infininte.
Fossil fuel is a finite quantity and taking it out of the earth changes the delicate balance of the "earthly gyroscope" which controls our position in the solar system and the galaxy. It is all inter-related. When oil is removed from the earth it is replaced by water which has a different mass and density and since it is heavier than oil it can exert an influence on the balance of things. Wind energy does NOT cause that kind of problem and neither does solar. The problem is man's inhumanity to man.

If those who have resources would stop cheating their fellow creatures on this planet and not try to control everything, man would evolve in a world of peace and prosperity. That is apparently NOT the agenda of those who are currently attempting to control our earth and its inhabitants. O yes, don't forget to vote in November...

We just don't have enough hydroelectric power to feed the nations ravenous appetite for energy. Why not do one thing...make all use of advertising that consumes electricity illegal. If you look at how much energy is wasted on billboards and all manner of advertising (because the cost of advertising is tax deductable) then you would have an idea of how much energy this country wastes. It is embarrassing. Ever been to Las Vegas?

Imagine if mortgages were not tax deductable. The mortgage industry that is destroying the nation would quickly have to find something else to do. How about credit cards? Look at their interest rates.

Power/energy is NOT an easy issue but not wasting what we have IS an easy issue. When will we figure this out?

Wind energy is cheap. The high cost comes from the markup of the cost of materials. But even the high costs can eventually be amortized and the maintenance can be affordable. Two wind generators would power my entire town. Why don't we do that? Spilling oil into the sea kills a lot more than birds. No one seems to be condemning that at the moment.

We bring this on ourselves. Americans cheat Americans to the extent that "we are going down the tubes" economically. Wind energy isn't killing enough birds to make it a serious consideration...big sky, lots of space to fly. Would you condemn my pictue window? Birds fly into that and get killed too!
JMHO

Trim sends
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
//BT//

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Bornthrifty, thanks so much for posting that. Knowing that about them tells me that if I'm ever where they are, I'll have to avoid them. Just reading your description makes me realize it would be a trigger for my Meniere's disease.

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/1808_images.jpeg

Perhaps you are susceptible to what is known as "Flicker Vertigo". We worry about that in pilots because of the consequences of disorientation of a pilot. (need I expand on THAT? )

In your situation you can always avoid going through there. Flicker vertigo can induce seizure activity in the human brain. Maybe you should have this evaluated before condemning what might just well preserve our freedom and ability to live with electricity. I have a wind turbine on my farm and no birds have been killed by it...I would know...they would be lying on the ground beneath it if that had happened.

Wind farms are at least one, real, good and viable answer to our fossil fuel problem. I understand your concern, but think about all the issues surrounding the production of electricity with fossil fuels. What are the environmental consequences to not only birds but human beings with the production of the various "fractions of crude oil" that are produced in a cracking tower?

Fossil fuel is a finite quantity and taking it out of the earth changes the delicate balance of the "earthly gyroscope" which controls our position in the solar system and the galaxy. It is all inter-related. When oil is removed from the earth it is replaced by water which has a different mass and density and since it is heavier than oil it can exert an influence on the balance of things. Wind energy does NOT cause that kind of problem and neither does solar. The problem is man's inhumanity to man.

If those who have resources would stop cheating their fellow creatures on this planet and not try to control everything, man would evolve in a world of peace and prosperity. That is apparently NOT the agenda of those who are currently attempting to control our earth and its inhabitants. O yes, don't forget to vote in November...

We just don't have enough hydroelectric power to feed the nations ravenous appetite for energy. Why not do one thing...make all use of advertising that consumes electricity illegal. If you look at how much energy is wasted on billboards and all manner of advertising (because the cost of advertising is tax deductable) then you would have an idea of how much energy this country wastes. It is embarrassing. Ever been to Las Vegas?

Imagine if mortgages were not tax deductable. The mortgage industry that is destroying the nation would quickly have to find something else to do. How about credit cards? Look at their interest rates.

Power/energy is NOT an easy issue but not wasting what we have IS an easy issue. When will we figure this out?

Wind energy is cheap. The high cost comes from the markup of the cost of materials. But even the high costs can eventually be amortized and the maintenance can be affordable. Two wind generators would power my entire town. Why don't we do that? Spilling oil into the sea kills a lot more than birds. No one seems to be condemning that at the moment.

We bring this on ourselves. Americans cheat Americans to the extent that "we are going down the tubes" economically. Wind energy isn't killing enough birds to make it a serious consideration...big sky, lots of space to fly. Would you condemn my pictue window? Birds fly into that and get killed too!
JMHO

Trim sends
//BT//
flicker vertigo, got it, as far as staying out of the area, I would have liked to, what has happened to us is we are driving far away and find ourselves approaching an area we arent' familiar with, we can see it ahead of us on the interstate, (no exits in sight too late we have to drive through it) and I when I am driving have to switch drivers , if someone is with me, it is not like I planned to go through an area that will give me such a bad time...

as far as condemning it I am not, wind turbines have there place, I wouldn't mind one in my yard if it helped me save on electricty, I think we can both agree that my one windmill would be easier to drive past, lol my comment was about drivng through a huge field of them, I know that in the past wind farms were done in areas where no one lived or drove, and if it is true that two turbines would generate enough for and entire town then so be it, I think it would then be great if each town had two right there near town, I know I could drive past that with out a head ache and wondering if I will come out alive...

raising the issue about driver safety, is valid, and a real concern to me, I am all for liberty, and freedom, and I think freedom and liberty also means freedom to debate a genuine concern I have

thanks for your thoughtful post otherwise,

: )

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Bornthrifty, thanks so much for posting that. Knowing that about them tells me that if I'm ever where they are, I'll have to avoid them. Just reading your description makes me realize it would be a trigger for my Meniere's disease.
glad to help!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
bornthrifty said:
I think it would then be great if each town had two right there near town, I know I could drive past that with out a head ache and wondering if I will come out alive...
The trouble with building however many wind turbines a particular community might require for its power needs is that wind turbines require particular siting--they need to be placed in an area that gets consistent and regular wind, not too strong or too light for efficient power generation. So they put lots of turbines in the optimum locations.

I'm sorry you've had difficulty driving through turbine areas, the ones around here are not that close to the highways, although you can see them.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/1808_images.jpeg

JMHO

Trim sends
//BT//
Hey doc are you finished with your soapbox? I think it is due to be greenwashed [greenwash, like whitewash a natural nonpoluting covering, the green comes from ground up Fed Reserve notes. How big is your two turbine town? I hear they have low population density in the Dakotas.
Do you really think that you haven't found any birds on the ground tells us anything a bout the number killed? Shortage of savagers in your area? International studies have found 0.3-0.4 fatalities/GWh power produced. Cell phone towers produce 200 to 2500% more windows 4800-49000% more biggest killer of birds. Of course as the number of wind farms increase so will the bird kill. In Denmark with 9% wind power 30000 birds/year are killed.
Trim when oil is way too expensive to burn, "fractions of crude oil" that are produced in a cracking tower will still be needed even at say $100/50mL some things are easier to crack than build.

Solar is NOT infininte. the surface area of the earth is finite.

Tell me more about our "earthly gyroscope" I haven't heard about that before and I love to learn.
Yes be sure to vote either party is so much different from the other. opps stay away from politics. Just one more, since all advertising uses electricity,all advertising will be illegal That is a big part of the First Amendment gone. No free press? Can I still write with a goose quill and hand made ink by the light from the sun or fireplace and have messages delivered by horseback. If it was good enough for the founding fathers.....
Is interest to build wind farms going to be nondeductable too? because if it were not for the tax deductions I don't think any would have gotten built.....
Do you really think anyone delibertly dumps oil in the sea? On the other hand I know of 3 places in NC where natural flow is allowed to go on because of the restrictions to producing oil along our coast
Out of time JMHO.~goosedragon