Winter Blues

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I must be the odd one out, cause I don't suffer with the winter blues much. I mean, I tend to get in a funk quicker than at other times of the year, but I live in such a pretty place that its appealing pretty much all year round.

I love the tan of the fields in the winter because all the sheep and Angus cattle around here look so picturesque in that background. I love the look of the houses in the winter sunset, with the smoke spiraling purple into the orange sky and the cheery lights in a dark house. I love the feeling of coming in from the cold to a warm house and good smells. I love the feeling of a cold dog romping outside and warm eggs in a nest. The orange broom sedge sticking out of snow with a red cardinal in the middle of it. Snuggling under a pretty quilt and reading a good book, while sipping some hot cocoa. All of these things keep winter interesting and pleasurable for me!

I know, I'm just too sentimental for words, but I really do love winter. Not as much as spring and fall but winter is right up there in my favorite top four seasons! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am super fortunate being in NC
it just isn't that cold to drag me down.....cause when I just get the winter blues, it is over literally.

We don't get truly cold here, yes, we have the "spell" of nasty ice storms etc. and freezing minus temps...but it is short.

But I lived in NJ, CT, MA, NH, PA to here. I was a skier. Cross country and downhill and I equipped my horse with studs on his shoes to ride in the snow and ice.....so I kept moving thru winter and truly never got the blues I guess. Stay active whatever you do....find a winter activity!!!! makes a big plus to go out and have fun....get some snowshoes...not only is it great exercise, you truly can trek out and walk and have a good time (wear googles or you might go snow blind..lol)

hang in there...we all know when we just can't take another nasty winter day, wow, spring has sprung :)

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I get winter blues. I use a sunny window - an aqaurium, nicely stocked with plants and a few fish - alot of houseplants in a favorite room, all of my garden catalogs, magazines....everything I can use to keep those blues away.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I always think I've been fine until spring comes. Then, my mood gets about 1000 times better and I realize it must not have been so great all winter (poor family). I get as much sunshine and fun exercise as I possibly can, try to take that extra time in winter to relax by the fire and read a bit, and make lots of treats to make the house warm and cozy and put on some winter fat :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
You got me! And here I was trying to choose a safe number that pretty much nobody would weigh more than :lol:

Latest posts