Winter Storm Harper

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20190120_092342_006.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have never seen the likes of this. 5* outside. Freezing rain pellets have been falling for the last 1/2 hour. Pinging off the windows.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The blessing of it: the stuff is frozen before it hits trees, power lines or ground. Plow guy just left. This storm is going to be at least a 2-fer, if not a 3-fer.

Chickens are fed. This will be one of the rare days when I don't even open their pop door. I've cleaned the first load of snow off their tarp sun roof, and spread a tarp on the ground to catch more snow fall. When I knock the snow down, it lands on the tarp, and I can drag it out of the run. My goal is to prevent a 4' tall mountain of snow in the winter run (like I've had every year previous.)

I'm inside, warm, fed. Stove ash bin needs cleaning, then, I can focus on other tasks: cook up some more squash to go into the freezer, make a beef/barley soup. Hope to set up my shelving in the office to better contain seedlings and HP plantings. Bought an other set of containers for HP yesterday.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Regulator froze on the propane tank. The wind blowing horizontal rain then ice and snow got under the cover and froze up the regulator. Our house was COLD this morning. It took me a little time to diagnose the problem but was an easy fix. I dumped a pitcher of hot water on the regulator and reset the furnace and we got heat again. I insulated the cover, so hopefully we don't have anymore problems. I didn't want to insulate the regulator because I believe it needs to breathe. @Chic Rustler could you please verify.

Thanks