Winter Storm Thread....how deep is your snow?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
382907806.jpg

More than deep enough here as well. :barnie
This table sets on our deck, out of the blowing stuff, so this is a pretty accurate idea as to the depth. I measured this at 20 inches or so. :th

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this is off the front porch at the breeze way door, luckily it didnt blow onto the porch or in front of the doors. and Ive got about another inch since then and getting a few more.
334_pic0210002.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Everything is drifting here due to the steady, strong winds. You guys look like you got the same as we got here, although the winds have carved several inches off the yard and the sun peeks out occasionally to melt some of the snow on the roof.....the icicles are fantastic!

Today? Sun! But we are supposed to have more snow today also.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We broke the record set in 1960 for most snowfall in February. The temps have stayed down, so the pile up is now over 2 feet.

Next year we'll probably be begging for precipitation. :rolleyes:

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got 26 inches and then another 8 and then another 3.....

Hmmm - since it was only over the span of a week 37 inches about does it for me.

I have to hike in from the main road. I got my car down after the first storm using pulleys and lots of rope and have been leaving it at the property edge since. Hike out in barn coat and boots, change to nice coat and shoes in the car reverse at the end of the day.

Groceries are a bear!!

Built a luge though had fun on that......

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Need to get you a plastic toboggan sled for those groceries, OOO! The luge sounds like great fun, though! :D I haven't gotten to sleigh ride in so many years....I really need to get one, I have a great place in the field next to us.

I had forgotten those long hikes from the road to the house with snow in your boot tops.....of course, I was so young and in shape then, probably would kill me now! :lol:

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we got NOTHING. The ground is bare and no snow in site. We haven't had snow for almost 2 weeks now. ARGH!!!!!! Feels like spring is in the air too. :(

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Vermont is having very little snow now, usually we have a good couple feet by now. but we had a thaw and then no snow so for about 3 weeks we had "march" we finally got a few inches yesterday. But it's been very odd.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Need to get you a plastic toboggan sled for those groceries, OOO! The luge sounds like great fun, though! :D I haven't gotten to sleigh ride in so many years....I really need to get one, I have a great place in the field next to us.

I had forgotten those long hikes from the road to the house with snow in your boot tops.....of course, I was so young and in shape then, probably would kill me now! :lol:
LOL!! I DID use a toboggan for them, they kept spilling off the sides. I also used the sled to bring ten gallons of fuel down to the tractor..... The luge was great fun until I realized that although my mind is only 20 something and loved sledding - the 30 year warranty on the body expired years ago and the body was not so thrilled with the game!!