Winter Storm Thread....how deep is your snow?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So now we know who to blame!

Well, tell him to knock it off already, because I want green grass!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You kiddin'?? Let it snow! This is a very rare thing for me and I need to revel in it, bask in it and frame it in my memory..... :cool:

Don't worry....won't happen again, I'm sure! :rolleyes: :lol:

One day, Aly, your little, sweet youngin's will be teenagers and you too will be waiting for the devil to don iceskates for just such an occasion! :D :lol:

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Glad everyone else is doing okay but I worry about UTC...she is in the middle and thick of this storm and has probably really gotten a yardful.
Awwww Bee! How sweet to be worried about! :hugs Thanks for thinking of me. I thought I would check in to tell you all is well here. We have had many inches of snow,..actually we have lost count. Now it is above my knees in places and in some places it is to my hips due to drifting. We are shoveled out for about the fourth time and DH took our tractor out and dug out as many neighbors as he could. Everyone is fairing well but the kids,..still no school for them.We have managed to keep the electricity on too,..thank goodness! We are expecting more snow on Monday,..just a few inches we hope. I hope you all are doing well up there in the panhandle Bee,..I heard it was quite messy up that way. Stay safe and warm,...Keep it between the ditches,..or snowdrifts in this case! :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Are your kids as stir-crazy as mine? Cabin fever, big time! :p I think that is why he actually DID something he was supposed to do.....out of sheer boredom! :lol:

The snow drifts are crazy here and the wind has sculpted the snow into fantastic shapes.....simply lovely, although I cannot say that out loud around here. :rolleyes: You really couldn't tell we live in the mountains here with all the grumbling and moaning about the snow....what do they expect? :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WOW! :th Well, I don't feel so bad then, if Florida is getting snow. Think of all those poor gators shivering and their big teeth chattering with cold..... :p

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
haven't seen any pics of the FL snow, but ATL got a pretty good heep of it... which is really bad because ATL drivers don't know what to do when it rains for more than an hour.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
More snow! Talked to my niece in the next county and she has 4-5 ft. on the ground and scheduled to have at least another foot tonight.

I think everyone is kind of shell-shocked around here....no more runs on the grocery store. Everyone just quietly goes home and prepares for the next day of scraping, shoveling and driving in four wheel drive.

I can't mention it around here for fear of getting lynched, but each new snow is just as pretty as the last. I really like the feeling of driving home in hushed whiteness, no other cars on the road and the mountains veiled in snow showers. All the houses lit up and smoke falling from the chimneys...so cozy! Almost like a Kincaid painting.... then I get to my own front door and walk into warmth and light. Bliss! :love

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Bee, you can have all the beautiful white mess. I'm ready for GREEN GRASS

and sun.

omg i've almost forgot what sunshine feels like! *I'm melting I'm melting*