Women only please,,Kinda wondering

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am at least four days late on my horrible monthly gift :rant

I had my tubes tied over six years ago ater my fourth child. I got my cramps and moodiness at the same time of month I always do but nothing ever happened. When I go shoping today do any of think I should by a pregnancy test? I'm getting concerend cuz I'm always on time and there is just no sighn of anything going to happen. Help please :fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
howdy
what's your age?
then again, anyone can go pre-menapausal at any age.

I am 48 now.

I have late, early, skimpy, heavy, none for like 8 weeks (but all the moodiness)---so my pattern is gone..LOL

I know I am heading into menapause.

one the market is a menapause kit also you can buy. Estroven (or something like that)

I doubt, if tubes tied, that you are PG--of course life finds a way sometimes??????--LOL

just throwing this out as a possible way to go....who knows?

I am enjoying my time into pre-mena. I go nuts on days, but mainly I know it is just a change and all things are natural.

hang in there!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You could be starting peri/menopause. But if you would feel more comfortable you can take a test to put yourself at ease(try the dollar store for one). Plus if you have been under a lot of stress lately that can cause problems for the cycle. Even illness causes problems. Goodluck & hope this helps.

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm 28 and when I wasn't tied up so to speak lol. It was VERY easy for me to have kids. I got preg while I was the depo shot twice.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
WEll given your age I would get tested. It is possible to get pg after a tubaligation but not very likely. Most pg's after a tubal are an ectopic, if you have one of those you need to be under a dr's care asap(don't want to scare you or anything) as they can be serious. Sorry the old nurse in me takes over sometimes.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh you sure are young.

but remember any time can be pre-mena for any woman.......but yea go get a cheap test, it will put your mind to ease.

also remember that stress, etc. will make ya late, or any changes in environment etc. etc. body does wierd things.

but with tubes tied, I rarely heard of anyone getting preggo??????

but check and if you don't get it soon, then I would check with the Dr. could be a real easy reason why not

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks :) When I told dh yesterday he he got that real wide eyed look lol and then smiled and said that I might be. We wanted to go and get them untied but that was going to be in about a year. Not this soon. I guess I will go buy one. It can't hurt anything I guess.
Thanks for responding so quickly.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh so if preggo this is a great thing ---you want another anyway!

COOL

hope you are preggo!

go to the store quick, get that test and let us know.

remember if not, don't be sad....cause you are planning on another later so it might not be in the cards right now

you got me sitting on pins and needles right now.

see for me, it took 6 years to have Nicole. at 32 when I married we started right away (cause I was older..lol)--never happened. I took 50 million pg tests, lol, but finally at 43 I got Nicole! WOOT! So I am fine with that. But I was sad many times seeing a NO on the test.....but then again, great, GREAT things come in the future....so hang in there! :)

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
On my way :) But I am goignt o get one of those two packs and take one whe nI get hoome and one tomorrow morning becasue I know that sometimes taking it first thing in the morning makes a diffrence.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, My vote, Call your doctor! and ectopic pregnancy may or may NOT show on a home test.

My second vote is do a home test. ;)

And I have a question, were you just tied, or cut burned, tied, etc.? the reason I ask is because tubes that are only tied can work themselves out and VIOLA, baby on the way...

Good luck! Please tell us how it goes!

*ps, I have five kids, loads of work, but I love it! and my tubes still aren't tied.................