Wood heat, love and hate

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I Love heating with wood! Its practically free! Its so warm and cozy!
Things I grumble to myself as I WASH the house of dust again!

At least I am not breathing the dust. The air purifier ionizes all of it and lays it all down.
On every surface :rolleyes: :D

Oh, and I LOVE my cats too. All that hair they shed every stinkin day to the layers of dust! :rant
Spring is a wonderful thing, cause then its warm enough for them to go back out!
Only 3.5 months to go!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: I'm going to build a house in the Spring that I can just hook the water hose up and spray it all out the back door for this reason :lol: Dogs included...they'll wash out the door just fine too :gig

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
:lol: I'm going to build a house in the Spring that I can just hook the water hose up and spray it all out the back door for this reason :lol: Dogs included...they'll wash out the door just fine too :gig
YES!!!!
I told DH that all the carpet is going as soon as we can afford the laminate to replace it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:
YES!!!!
I told DH that all the carpet is going as soon as we can afford the laminate to replace it.
Our carpet is gone already, but it is STILL dusty. Well our house stays dusty anyway due to where we live :rolleyes: Even before wood heat we had this much dust. I've been wanting a spray out house for some time now :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:
YES!!!!
Our carpet is gone already, but it is STILL dusty. Well our house stays dusty anyway due to where we live :rolleyes: Even before wood heat we had this much dust. I've been wanting a spray out house for some time now :lol:
At least you can wet mop it all up!
I hate carpet, not only for the toxicity, but the fact that its impossible to keep clean.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I killed my carpet with the shampooer :lol: I shampooed it too often and it kinda stretched it out :p It was NOT on purpose, but at least I got rid of the crap ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love my wood stove!!!! Especially when it's as cold and windy as it is tonight..... :love I find the dust and dirt to be a very fair exchange for the intense warmth that is like no other heat source....I freeze when I go to someone else's home! :barnie

One drawback is the hypnotic state into which I slip if I sit next to the stove of a morning....it makes it hard to even think about going out to work! :(

On my days off you will find me cuddled on the couch, book in hand, sipping cocoa and thanking God over and over for my little ol' wood stove! :love

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
At least I am not breathing the dust. The air purifier ionizes all of it and lays it all down.
What kind of air purifier do you have? I am thinking that we may need to add another or get a bigger one.

Thanks,
Annette

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of the biggest mistakes we did when building this home is to put in a gas fireplace. It sucks propane and doesn't even heat the great room. DH demanded we do this cus he wasn't gonna clean out a fireplace. Well, we're "paying" for it now. I hate turning it on, even tho we have a gas furnace. Next home = wood fireplace.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Rhettsgreygal said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
What kind of air purifier do you have? I am thinking that we may need to add another or get a bigger one.

Thanks,
Annette
We have Ecoquest Fresh Air purifiers.
The company is getting flack right now, but! The purifiers realy work, and they last many, many years.
More then makes up for the prices when the product is still working perfectly after 15 years.
You should be able to find used and or new ones on ebay.