Wood heat, love and hate

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I sometimes wish we had more carpet. At least with carpet I can vacuum and get most of the stuff up (if I vacuum regularly). We have wood floors and vinyl in the kitchen and the dang dust bunnies dance and hop away from us when we sweep! :rant We need to spend the money on a good quality hard floor vacuum.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You just need a coupla dogs and cats to tumble through your home! My cat always dusts under the beds and I just pull all the bunnies off his whiskers when he emerges! :lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I love my wood stove!!!! Especially when it's as cold and windy as it is tonight..... :love I find the dust and dirt to be a very fair exchange for the intense warmth that is like no other heat source....I freeze when I go to someone else's home! :barnie

One drawback is the hypnotic state into which I slip if I sit next to the stove of a morning....it makes it hard to even think about going out to work! :(

On my days off you will find me cuddled on the couch, book in hand, sipping cocoa and thanking God over and over for my little ol' wood stove! :love
:thumbsup

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You just need a coupla dogs and cats to tumble through your home! My cat always dusts under the beds and I just pull all the bunnies off his whiskers when he emerges! :lol:
Me? We had 3 cats (now down to 2 since Monday) and 3 dogs! That's why there's all those dust (and hair) bunnies! :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I absolutely HATE carpet. The last two homes I lived in were carpet free, and I loved it. We had two huge dogs in the house and a very fluffy cat. My morning routine was to dustmop the whole house every day. Took all of 10 minutes. I hate vacuuming with a passion.

The durable (top) one. http://international.vileda.com/com/subcategories/show/17/7#cat-panel0

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The swiffer handle + base works really well without the swiffer cloths if you pop in a microfibre cloth--same static properties :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I hate carpet with a passion with my animals. I love the wood stove though! cheap heat!

I want to pull the carpet out of here as soon as we can afford it. We put laminate down in our last house and I adored it.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I really do love my woodstove ya'all :lol:
It just means I have to clean more then usual.
Once the cats are back outside in the spring, things do improve!