Would the FDA close down your kitchen?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I had a cross stitched picture in my kitchen for years... a frog leaning against a toadstool with the slogan "Housework causes WARTS!" Perfect.

hunterjumper999

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
my kitchen is lived in. I try to keep it tidy, but sometimes i fail. my sink goes from SCRUBBED and shiny to disgustingly grungy once a week.

I have a cat, he stays mostly off the counter.

I have four dogs..that countersurf...and after this tread are pre washing for me!

my dishwasher used to leave food on all the dishes ... fine particles ... i didnt pre wash but now that we cleaned the food trap ( boy, that smelt good) the dogs are going to prewash so no issues.

i wipe up dog pee on the floor with towels and wash them with regular detergent, no bleach.

I clean the counters with a regular cleanser as well ( ms. meyers) .

hm. there has to be others.

but im a freak about old food- deli meat is good only < a week

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
and everyone here who has done a veterinarian procedure in or near their kitchen? show of hands please. yep. thats what i thought.

;-)
OMG! :lol: I used to groom dogs on my kitchen counter. My SO would NEVER tolerate that, LOL.

This is all stuff I used to do... not anymore. My kitchen used to be the place of wild adventures - tons of fun. Now it is just a little plain room to prepare food in. (sad)

I used to have a chest freezer stocked full of "inedible" meat for dog food. A few taxidermy carcaii in there too. :gig

I fed the dogs their raw meaty bones diet ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR! lol They dragged it out of their dishes anyway, so I gave up and washed the floor after they ate. NBD.

I would snack on food while hacking up raw poultry, etc for dog food.

I hacked up cow abomasum, lung, heart, various body parts in the kitchen sink (for dog food, of course).

Soaking, boiling, straining, taxidermy carcaii in the kitchen to clean their skeletons.

Various dissections - rabbit, mole, cow legs, fetal deer, performed on the kitchen table.

Fish bowls on the kitchen counter.

(un-housetrained) rabbits in pens on the kitchen floor.

Oh - did I mention... a GOAT in the kitchen? :lol: :gig :lol:

There was that time when I had a pet rat... that got loose... in the kitchen. That was the last straw. I let my dog loose - turns out she is an excellent mouser. :sick

Oh yes - there were 2 cats, one of which was on the counter often.

And chickens perched on my shoulders while putzing (maybe even cooking) in the kitchen.

Food borne illness? Never! For real!! Ever read up on the hygiene theory?

I so miss having my own house where I can have as much craziness as I please. I live with my SO now. It's (relatively) sterile, very suburban. I'm kinda sad thinking about all the crazy stuff I used to do.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
the FDA can... well never you mind.
:gig
Truth be told, they would probably have to shut down their own kitchens!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Truth be told ... They don't even have the power to shut down a factory that is known to be contaminated with e coli!! :sick

Watch "Food Inc" if you'd like a bit more info about that.