Would the FDA close down your kitchen?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Same here! :rolleyes: I had to pry Mom's cold, boney fingers from around her HUGE ShopVac this week and banish it to the garage!

She is now having separation anxiety......she maintains that normal vacs just do not have the power that her SV has and she really, really needs to use it literally everywhere each day or some invading dust particle or cobweb may cause a total colony collapse in our house. :lol:

Gotta love that woman, though....she fixed one of my commodes that has been broken for about 3 years now. She did that, painted the ceiling in the living room, cleaned the house, did the laundry and fixed supper....and that was in the afternoon! :th

Face it, peeps...we just aren't built like these Stepford wives of yesteryear! :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Same here! :rolleyes: I had to pry Mom's cold, boney fingers from around her HUGE ShopVac this week and banish it to the garage!

She is now having separation anxiety......she maintains that normal vacs just do not have the power that her SV has and she really, really needs to use it literally everywhere each day or some invading dust particle or cobweb may cause a total colony collapse in our house. :lol:

Gotta love that woman, though....she fixed one of my commodes that has been broken for about 3 years now. She did that, painted the ceiling in the living room, cleaned the house, did the laundry and fixed supper....and that was in the afternoon! :th

Face it, peeps...we just aren't built like these Stepford wives of yesteryear! :D
:yuckyuck :lol: :gig :lol:

So that's my problem?!?!?! I've been trying to be a Stepford wife and didn't realize it. No wonder I've failed so miserably! :barnie
Thank ya Bee for liberating me, I feel so much better now :ya so will my family!

Another thought, if you were going to a fancy dinner party (potluck style), and you were making meatballs, one managed to roll out of the pan onto the dirty floor, the dog just happened to be there and licked it as you grabbed it up-does all this fall under the 5 second rule it's good? FDA does recognize the 5 second rule don't they???

:lol: :lol: :gig :lol: :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Unless the hostess has similar hairy dogs, you also need to take it into a bright light to remove any dog or cat hairs. Or an entire dust bunny.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig

I just caught back up to this thread!! :gig

I love y'all!!!!

Dragonlaurel: Kitty necklaces? Too funny!
A Kitty necklace is a cat laying on your shoulders with the head and front paws near one ear and the back legs by the other. If the cat does not have a fear of heights and is a major cuddle kitty they actually enjoy this- and purr when you tilt your head over to their belly. Do you have any other jewelry that purrrrrs ?

One kitty I had used to lay like this while I did dishes. Do you think the FDA would approve?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Talk about food safety: The ad at the top of my SS screen right now is called Mad Cow Cutlery?!?! What?? What a marketing snafu!!!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:lol: ....I wouldn't even let the FDA IN my kitchen! ;) :lol:

I know what is clean and what is not....I,too, have been poisoned by so-called "clean" kitchens and FDA/USDA inspected foods~but never at home.

I don't have obviously dirty areas in my kitchen and I wash all dishes in bleach water and wipe down all the porcelain sink/counter tops in this water as well. As for wood cutting boards...these get bleached also after and before using.

Nah.....the FDA don't know their butts from a hole in the ground, IMO. :rolleyes: :)
FYI - Bleach is not allowed as a cleanier/disinfectant in commercial kitchens. I work in one and man it would be so much easier if we could use bleach.