wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They all look to be broilers, which is great. Layer chicks are at a great disadvantage when growing up with broilers, lol. I did that once - never again.
I ordered straight run, so I think I have a majority of pullets. There are a couple of males in there if @CrealCritter was right about his sexing technique.

It's pretty dog gone good technique, expecially for chicks.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, it has been a heck of a ride job wise.

April 6th Interview with JOB#1 - i thought I interviewed well, I was excited about that, but the job may not be all it is cracked up to be. Close to the same awful work atmosphere as my last job, maybe a little better I would hope. Higher stress level than last job. Start at less pay, but bump in pay after certification.

April 12 contacted by JOB#2 - saw my resume on Indeed and wanted to talk.

April 13 - offer from JOB#1 - one dollar less per hour than last job and only 1 week vacation per year. Turns out this is a job through a temp agency and I won't be a JOB#1 employee for at least 6 months at minimum. At my last job, some of those temps didn't get hired for over a year. I said not interested unless they up the vacation time.

April 13 Interview with JOB#2 - went well, sounds like a much better job. They will email application.

April 14, 9 AM - JOB#2 application filled out and sent in.

April 14th, 2 pm - JOB#1 came back with same low pay ($1 less than I was making before) but now 2 weeks of vacation. Need answer that night or next morning...

April 15th 9 am - contact JOB#2 and let them know I got an offer from JOB#1 and was wondering if they were interested in me or not - I had to give JOB#1 an answer soon.

April 15th, 11 am - job offer from JOB#2 - 50 cent raise from last position and 3 weeks vacation per year, plus 3 sick days and 9 holidays. I took the job. Happy to let the headhunter know that I was not accepting JOB#1 offer.

I am writing a letter to the manager at JOB#1 that I interviewed with to thank her for her time and interest in me.

So yay ME! I start my new job in a week.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats. It's hard when you have multiple potential job offers on the table at the same time. Glad it worked out for you, and hope it is a job that fits you well.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, it has been a heck of a ride job wise.

April 6th Interview with JOB#1 - i thought I interviewed well, I was excited about that, but the job may not be all it is cracked up to be. Close to the same awful work atmosphere as my last job, maybe a little better I would hope. Higher stress level than last job. Start at less pay, but bump in pay after certification.

April 12 contacted by JOB#2 - saw my resume on Indeed and wanted to talk.

April 13 - offer from JOB#1 - one dollar less per hour than last job and only 1 week vacation per year. Turns out this is a job through a temp agency and I won't be a JOB#1 employee for at least 6 months at minimum. At my last job, some of those temps didn't get hired for over a year. I said not interested unless they up the vacation time.

April 13 Interview with JOB#2 - went well, sounds like a much better job. They will email application.

April 14, 9 AM - JOB#2 application filled out and sent in.

April 14th, 2 pm - JOB#1 came back with same low pay ($1 less than I was making before) but now 2 weeks of vacation. Need answer that night or next morning...

April 15th 9 am - contact JOB#2 and let them know I got an offer from JOB#1 and was wondering if they were interested in me or not - I had to give JOB#1 an answer soon.

April 15th, 11 am - job offer from JOB#2 - 50 cent raise from last position and 3 weeks vacation per year, plus 3 sick days and 9 holidays. I took the job. Happy to let the headhunter know that I was not accepting JOB#1 offer.

I am writing a letter to the manager at JOB#1 that I interviewed with to thank her for her time and interest in me.

So yay ME! I start my new job in a week.
Thank you for informing me/us it's an answer to my pray. Thank You Lord 💕🙏

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am really excited to start this new job. I was so unhappy at my last employer.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a new Feed Storage Unit, lol.
NewFeedStorage.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
By removing the shelves, there is alot of space for 50 pound bags of feed. I will be buying 250 pounds at a time for the broilers, so this will be great. I put a small container that removed humidity from the air in there to keep the moisture levels lower.
FeedStorageOPEN.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow, it's been over a year since I posted to this thread.
I got laid off from my last job - April 26, 2021 to April 29, 2022. Lack of work. They were trying to expand and it didn't happen. Back to job search again - this time no COVID payments and work search proof is required for umemployment.
I interviewed with an engineering firm 2 days before I was told I was being let go. I thoughtt went well, but still waiting 3 weeks later to hear anything so probably not. I was so excited about that job.
Interviewed over the phone last week for another job. Supposed to get a call Friday afternoon or Monday (today) to set up an actual, in-house interview. 2pm and still waiting.
Got 15 layer chicks on May 5th. 9 Orpingtons and 6 Wyandotte's.
I'm going to get rid of the old flock and start new. The old gals eat almost every egg they lay. The other day I got 7 eggs, but 4 of them had been pecked and were cracked. I hate grabbing an egg out of the nest box and having it leak all over everything...

Latest posts