Xi said: "China is Battling a Demon Virus"

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They just confirmed a case in Massachusetts. That's a bit too close for comfort! I'm avoiding overly populated public areas because it's flu season anyway but this is another reason to continue that.

DH and I were talking about what we need to do/change for an emergency situation. We have propane heat, but we have a woodstove in his shop we could easily put in the house. We have a generator but we'd like to get a solar setup big enough to run the hydroponic garden and freezer.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I applaud our President for not giving a hoot about protecting the reputation of a Communist country, and PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Avoid travel bans? WTF?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I applaud our President for not giving a hoot about protecting the reputation of a Communist country, and PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Avoid travel bans? WTF?

Pelosi and top Dem candidates rip into Trump over travel ban expansion. What more do I need to know that the POTUS did the right thing?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Chinese government has the clout to change numbers, anyone telling the truth can go to prison or just disappear. Frightening. They are worse liars than our government.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remembered reading about this several years ago and looked it up again. "Cytokine Storm" is a condition where the body fights so hard to kill the invading virus that it turns on the body also.

and this:
Best foods to take to reduce the risk of cytokine storm in pandemic flu:

Green tea
Black tea
Peanuts
Raisins & red grapes
Resveratrol supplements
Capers, fennel
Kale
Apples with skins
Quercetin supplements
Pomegranate juice
Red wine
Turmeric (esp cooked w/ black pepper) (500mg-4000mg daily)
Black pepper
Raw crushed garlic
Red palm oil
Vitamin E
Coconut oil
Vitamin C
St Johns Wort
Skullcap tea
Cats Claw
Tea Tree (2 drops tea tree oil in a bowl of steaming water, cover head and inhale for 5-10mins)
Astragalus Root
Tulsi Root

The following, while beneficial in other ways, May not be a good idea in terms of reducing cytokine levels

Olive oil
Fish oil
Chocolate
Vitamin D (unless in very high levels – 5000mg/day)
Elderberry Juice (use only for regular flu)
Honey
echinacea

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Google and Apple (and more I'm sure) are shutting down their plants in China.

This outbreak has me thinking about SHTF scenarios. Not that I think it will happen with this, but thinking about what we would do if our food supply was compromised, what if there was an outbreak and we needed to isolate ourselves? Interesting thoughts. I have a few things to change to be prepared for situations like that.