Xi said: "China is Battling a Demon Virus"

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
But, pressure canning would not be an option.

I think pressure canning would work fine. My grandparents vacationed on a remote island. My grandma mastered cooking on open fire. She even baked birthday cakes for us. 😍 Pretty sure that takes more temperature control than a pressure canner.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
China’s increasingly drastic anti-disease controls started with the Jan. 23 suspension of plane, bus and train links to Wuhan, an industrial center of 11 million people. The lockdown has spread to surrounding cities.

vs.

China criticized the U.S. controls, which it said contradicted the WHO’s appeal to avoid travel bans, and “unfriendly comments” that Beijing was failing to cooperate.

“Just as the WHO recommended against travel restrictions, the U.S. rushed to go in the opposite way. Certainly not a gesture of goodwill,” said foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying.

Clearly a case of double speak, or cognitive dissonance!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
yes! Very much this! ^^ My brother gave me some reusable Tattler lids. I haven't tried them yet. Most are regular mouth and all my jars are wide mouth. So... I am not sure. Do I want the ease of all one size more than I want reusable canning jar lids?
My pint jars are regular, quart jars are wide mouth. I have a few regular mouth quart jars, but that makes them hard to clean.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have read that if your selenium levels are low, your immunity is compromised and you are susceptible to viral infections. But I can't fine that magic number where you have enough or too much.

The tolerable upper limit for selenium is 400 mcg/day for adults. This is the info I used when I decided to supplement selenium. If you have selenium rich soil, don't supplement. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Selenium-HealthProfessional/

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have also been concerned for some time that people are no longer being vaccinated for smallpox, claiming the disease has been "eradicated"... when in fact several research labs like the one in Wuhan have strains of it on hand for "research".

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I worked at University of Texas Medical Branch for a short while I had an opportunity to visit the bldg. where they do medical research. Massive security measures in place because they do research on simple stuff like HIV - but also Ebola, Smallpox, Polio, and lots of other "eradicated" diseases that they don't disclose. Crazy! This facility sets on Galveston Island and was severely damaged in Hurricane Ike. Absolutely terrifying to think of those things being set free in a flood.... (or any other way)

BTW - I only got as far as the lobby despite being an employee and having security clearance ... I didn't argue with 'em!!

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I seen air travel revenue woes coming.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This may rival the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918

I would advise people to study up on anti viral herbs and immunity builders and start taking them.