You know you are SS when . . .

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
You realize that you can fit a pint canning jar in your automobile's cup holder. :p

That was me this morning.

I thought you all might enjoy adding one or two of your own amusing SS moments here . . . (this hasn't already been done before has it? I tried to search for a similar thread, but I might have missed one).

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

You know you are SS when...
You consider a 50# bag of pinto beans in your pantry "a good start".

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Your DH asks what you want for valentines day and you answer "a pressure canner or dehydrator or food saver".

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When you see empty soy sauce buckets sitting behind a local chinese place and don't even think twice before grabbing them.

I wish I could fit a pint jar in my cupholder...

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
Your DH asks what you want for valentines day and you answer "a pressure canner or dehydrator or food saver".
:) So . . . did he get you one?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Actually, I got me one. He said thank you. :love

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score

Your pantry and food storage areas are packed full of plastic buckets with lids labeled with dates, and when friends see them they think you are preparing for the end of the world...

You wake up in morning and make a mad dash towards the wood stove to get it started and run back to the warm bed...... When you check the indoor temp its a warming 46 degrees INDOORS!!!!

You set up and grow your veggie plants and your friends think your growing something different...

You split 5 pieces of wood everyday through the summer, by hand...

People look into your garden at the weird stuff you built to support your garden, and then later you see pictures of it on the internet...

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:

Your pantry and food storage areas are packed full of plastic buckets with lids labeled with dates, and when friends see them they think you are preparing for the end of the world...

You wake up in morning and make a mad dash towards the wood stove to get it started and run back to the warm bed...... When you check the indoor temp its a warming 46 degrees INDOORS!!!!

You set up and grow your veggie plants and your friends think your growing something different...

You split 5 pieces of wood everyday through the summer, by hand...

People look into your garden at the weird stuff you built to support your garden, and then later you see pictures of it on the internet...
:lol: oh yes...my co-workers almost flipped a lid when I told them that was about the temp in my house a few mornings!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:

:gig Thanks for the chuckles, Modern_pioneer. I USED to have that sort of indoor temperature, but with my little one now it is more like . . . wake up every 2 hrs . . . not always to feed the baby, but definitely to feed the fire. :lol:

I'm also laughing about the veggie growing. My neighbors came by with binoculars the first year we lived here to check on what we were growing under our grow lights . . . oh, I mean to see the birds in our yard. :gig :rolleyes: