You know you are SS when . . .

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You go to work, look down at your shoe, and see chicken poo and straw stuck to your shoe, during the middle of the management meeting. :rolleyes:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You go to the barn to do your morning chores, and see a hen who has been ripped apart by the roosters overzealous mating.. you assess the damage and make a judgement call as to whether it is treatable, or whether she needs to go tot he soup pot. Once you make the decision, you do the deed right away, and carry on with your day, not even blinking an eye over it.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When you call to invite your family over for the day, their first question is "What do I have to do today?" :lol:

Oops! I guess I believe strongly in 'working visits'! :lol:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
When your kids teachers keep calling you in to do demonstrations on soap making, beekeeping, planting, etc :D

When you think subdivisions should turn their massive lawns into community gardens!

When you are as shocked by what people buy from a grocery store as they are shocked at what you make at home :)

When it's totally normal to have kombucha and buttermilk fermenting on the counter, yogurt fermenting in the oven, and the wheat grinder going on the back deck--all at the same time :)

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
When your sister asks you what you want for your birthday and you say, 'some seeds for the garden, or a gift card to Tractor Supply!' She just doesn't get it ! :rolleyes:

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kimlove2 said:
When your sister asks you what you want for your birthday and you say, 'some seeds for the garden, or a gift card to Tractor Supply!' She just doesn't get it ! :rolleyes:
:yuckyuck

I ask for seeds for valentines day too!! And everyone with their big stinky roses just don't get it!
:idunno