Your Weather

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here in southern Ca. we had an inch of rain last week. I think it was the most measurable rain in almost two years. We have coastal fog that keeps it in the mid 60's, lows are around 50. I think next week it's supposed to warm up again. After reading all your night time lows I felt guilty. I have kept the furnace off and added another blanket to each bed.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if I could get my hands on you...HA HA HA....NAH< I am glad your season is still doing so well...oh to have fresh green beans right now off the vine! YUMMO
ours are spent. oh well..more to come...spring will be here soon..LOL

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Like Tanks I almost feel guilty. But I can't help where i live right now. I did get my plastic for my tents yesterday. Now we just need to get the frames made.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well we got a foot of snow two days ago and are expecting another foot of snow tonite. Kids already had one snow day this week and it looks lke it might be another one tommorrow...no school again...and Friday is a PA day so no school then either. Our driveway has already been plowed four times this year so far...and usually the first plow is around Christmas. Except for the snowplow costs I am loving it! The house stays so much warmer with snow banked up against it and on the roof. We are supposed to get record amounts of snow in Ontario this winter. The men in this house will love that, but it means I will be home alone alot while they go play in the snow...oh well!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I do sometimes, but it is wayyy to cold for me alot of the time, and no fun. \the snowmachines run best when it is really cold and I tend to like the days where it is not less than -10F
We used to have an ice shack set up with a woodstove in it for ice fishing and I went often back then because I could fish and cook all day on the stove but we don't have it anymore.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BRRRrrr...I hear you!
cold saps the fun out of things for me too...to think when younger you couldn't drag me in from skiing. NOW, Ut oh, have to think twice to out out on just a chilly day...HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Oh Karen, my tomatoes are starting to turn a little orangish too. Fresh tomaotes for Christmas dinner we will be having!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It's about -5C this morning. Although it is nice out, I really don't like SWOnt. winters. It is a damp cold.

My friend up in Timmins says they have so much snow. I want snow!!

Okay--I'm really missing the north this morning. I would much rather have -40 weather with lots of snow, than -5 with none. At least when there is snow--there is soo much you can do, and it is always bright out. I miss that.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Here's one for you it is Dec 5th & I had the ac on in my van today! I was sweating while sitting at PE today.