Your Weather

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here's one for you it is Dec 5th & I had the ac on in my van today! I was sweating while sitting at PE today.

*****:tongue

oh you, still nice enough weather for AC in the car...I am cranking up the defrost to get the ice off the windshield and freezing my buns off til the car warms up in the morning...UGH---nothing like driving trying to peek thru the ice crystals..Ugh
LOL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is COLD here. Morelcabin, we need to go south. I also cannot take the cold. We dont even have snow machines to enjoy in it. It was 7F yesterday, and 5F so far today. I hate winter. My poor chickies.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sorry! But did you ever think that I might be tired of running the ac? :he Although we have turned on the furnance in the house the last 2 mornings when we got up as it was a little chilly in here @ 65. Although it is cooler than that outside our house is well insluated.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
YAY!!! It's snowing today! It';s been snowing all day!! YAY!!

I hope Pats' not driving to Pennsylvania today though--it's nasty out!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
It is FREEZING here!! It was so cold last night that I nearly had a fit on my DH for asking ME to put gas in his car last night while I was out!! I had already filled my van up earlier in the day...which is unusual!! But, because I was going into downtown and knew I had to park on the street I wanted to take his small car. I almost took my van! My mom was with me so I talked her into pumping the gas...afterall I drove...and I went in and paid for the gas. The air was bitter cold last night....and I refuse to go outside today!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
LOL, i hate getting gas when it's cold out. I will drive out of my way looking for a full serve, if I really need gas.

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Deep freeze here as well. It's been about 9F for the past four days and I had to break down and buy propane. I love the snow though and it's been snowing for three days. I do find myself hoping for spring because I want a big big garden this year and can't wait to get started.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
LOL, i hate getting gas when it's cold out. I will drive out of my way looking for a full serve, if I really need gas.
I had to get gas after a ladies Tea that I was invited to and they told me about a full service station in town but it was CLOSED!!! :rolleyes: That was at 10PM...then we went shopping and it was 12:30 AM by the time we did get gas!!!
I may be frugal...but on some things I totally am not and pumping my own gas is one of them!! I will way more for a gallon of gas just to have some else pump it....then I do not have to get out of the car and leave my kids alone in it nor do I have to take them in with me. That is why DH usually gets gas for me on the weekends when he sees that I am running low.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I pump my own gas. If I can get it from a full-serve at a couple of cents more in price I'll pay, but I pump gas, unless hubby is with me. There's no way in you-know-where my mother would pump gas for me or for anyone else, including herself!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is blowing a gail outside, high winds, -6 right now, but it's supposed to get down to -18 tonight, and with the windchill -24 :D Oh the joy!