Your Weather

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It is 1 degree here this morning, hoping it warms up to 2 soon :gig

My feet are FREEZING!

We slept in the livingroom last night and kept our bedroom closed off and the kids bedrooms open and DH got up constantly feeding the woodburner to keep it going. The little wall heater that runs on propane wouldn't have kept the house warm last night. It was like camping. DH, me, and the baby in the livingroom on a mattress, and I piled the other four kids in one bed in the bedroom right off our livingroom and layered the blankets on them for extra warmth.

Farmer Kitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin-sounds like you have what we had yesterday. Nasty stuff. Stay indoors as much as possible and when you have to go out BUNDLE!

Our weather is getting better this week, finally! Although right now we have -12.
extended.jpg

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:gig -16 right now. I can not WAIT for Christmas day we will get a high of around 33 or so, I'll be running around in SHORTS.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think we were down to about 5 last night, with windchills in the negative zillions. Got to listen to the drip-drip-drip of all my faucets. I'm able to put a pitcher under the kitchen faucet to save that water, but can't seem to get anything under the bathroom fixtures. I hate wasting all that water!! :/ But the chickens made it through OK! :celebrate This was their first really cold night, and our first with chickens.

I'm going to spend the day baking. Seems like a good way to stay warm!!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:)

Damp outside but it hasnt all out rained, it gets windy sometimes though....and around 45 degrees....
Tina in the Northern California Foothills

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I always said the definition of too cold for me was when you smiled at someone you were passing in the street and your upper lip got frozen to your teeth in the up position. Seems to be -10.
Anything below that is too painful to do anything outside at all.

Wishing all people a warmer but still white Christmas.............

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My chicken water keeps freezing, thier eggs are exploding....and Aghh my rooster has frostbite on his comb...do thier combs heal up and look nice again in the summer or do the tips always stay black afterward? Never over wintered birds before..

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Started off dark and frosty but has changed to sunny and chilly :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It was so cold when I left work at 3pm that I had to scrape frost off the inside of my windshield. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, this is the farm outside right now... actually before we got dumped on again Sunday.

P1010016.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

It's -17 outside right now. We know who plowed our driveway now! He came up to the house, it's our neighbour across the street and down a bit, Gomes (they're Portuguese). He came up to the house to speak to my brother, he did the whole driveway this time. Story is that when the Bulgarians lived here (long story, LOL) they had a truck, and never once plowed the driveway. One winter they got well and good stuck in by the barn, with snow up to their waists and he came to bail them out. Ever since he's done the driveway. Apparently they knew NOTHING of farm life, and he had to fix all their littlest problems from electrical to wells to plumbing LOL. Got to love farmers.