Zucchini base Pizza "Crust" - Man o' Man was it good!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a way to use up all those zucs!

3 cups grated zucchini, squeeze excess juice out
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

In large bowl, beat eggs for several minutes.
Add all other ingredients and mix together.
Spread out mixture on to greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking dish.
Bake at 200C (400F) for 10 minutes.
Take out of oven and add a pizza topping (any favorites such as tomato, sauce, grated veggies, herbs, left-overs etc.)
Bake for futher 10-12 minutes

I bet you could add other veggies as well, if they would hold together or were food processed. The cheese got all crispy/crunchy on the bottom, bubbly & "stringy" on the top. I mean stringy in a good way, as in the cheese kinda "strung" out when you took a bite ;) Now this was not at all like a bread based crust, it wasn't chewy or fluffy, but it was very, very tasty!

chicken girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This sounds awesome! I am trying this for dinner for the grandkids! Thank you! :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
DEFINITELY gonna have to save that one, that sounds yummy!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I make it all the time. Just waiting for my yellow, green and black zucs to get a little bigger. :drool

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to try that -- if I can ever find time to cook.:rolleyes:

I like to take 1/2 inch sliced rounds of Zucchini, marinate them in Italian dressing, then grill them a bit. After the first flip, I add a spoonful of pizza sauce and a bit of Mozzerella on top and let them cook until the cheese melts. Yum

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just a tip, it is very important to squeeze the shredded zuc as dry as possible. I made two of these and the second one (from the lower & wetter half of the colander) was not quite as crispy as the first.

Yes! BBH, it was like fried cheese, only with little bits of eggy zuc all through it. Even better :D

We topped them with minced garlic, basil, ground rosemary, cracked pepper, fresh tomato slices, fresh spinach and a little feta & parmesan.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
really interested here, due to the gluten free factor, but.... does it taste alot like fried cheese? I have made the fried cheese crisps, and didn'tlike them, ( I did them for my low carb diet)