Zucchini base Pizza "Crust" - Man o' Man was it good!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Better late than never. :p I finally made this, and I found it quite good. I made pizza for supper yesterday, with sourdough crust for the kiddos and hubby, and I tried this for me. I used frozen zuke, defrosted it, added a smidge of salt, squeezed it out several times. Then when I thought it was dry enough, I mixed it as per the directions except I only used parmesan--1 cup, I also added garlic powder, (cuz I like it) I prebaked the shell in a cast iron pan, till the edges were browning. I figured the whole thing was browning, so I took it out. I could have left it in there, b/c the bottom did not get brown at all. Mine was not at all like quiche. It was quite good, but could have been browned a bit more. I topped it with pepperoni, ham, onions, hot peppers and cheese. It was awesome, and very filling. For and 8 inch pizza, I only ate a quarter of it, where normally, I would have at least ate 1/2.

This will be a keeper for me, since I make pizza for the kids quite regularly--about once a month. Next time for me, I will experiment with toppings, this time I just used what the kids pizza had. (and they are not very creative with theirs.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
a lot of times I make this and just dip it in sauce