Zucchini?

Barefootmomma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Just me is right , Unless feeding the state i wouldnt even plant 50 seeds lol they grow like wild fire :)

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mr.Andersson said:
:drool
I'm getting hongry
Steamed wit Butta
:drool
This is starten to sound like Bubba's shrimp list!
Fried zuchinni
Baked zuchinni
Zuchinni bread
Zuchinni pickles
Zuchinni soup
Coconut zuchinni
Zuchinni a-graten

I guess that's about it.

Hmmmm. I forgot to plant zuchinni.
(And now I am good at spelling it)

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, depending on how many you are feeding and how much you can give away, only plant like 4-6 plants.

Little ones, slice and sautee with onion, shrooms, shrimp.

Use instead of cukes in bread and butter pickles.

Shred, blanche and freeze in 2 cup portions for making zucchini bread in Feb.

Zucchini casserole---cooked burger, catsup, blanched sliced zucchini, dehydrated onion, cheese. Bake til brown and bubbly. Watch honey and kids scarf it all up.

You will have huge zucchini that either spring up overnight or you miss at the base of the plant. No matter how vigilant you are , it will happen. You can scoop and stuff them, like a stuffed pepper, or the baseball idea is good! Personally those are the ones that go to the chickens. My birds can't get enough zucchini. Or my horses. I imagine the goats won't turn their noses up at it either.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I'll have to plant some tomorrow and see what happens. If worst comes to worse, I should be able to give them away. The birds are nit-picky, they only want to eat bugs, oatmeal that the kids didn't finish and their feed. Maybe if I withhold feed all day then offer extra zuch, lol.

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Where I grew up, what you did with zucchini was put them in a pile by the end of your driveway with a sign that says "Free". Of course, since everybody overplanted and did the same thing, you eventually had to do something else with them, like zucchini baseball or giving them to your kids to practice jack-o-lantern designs... :lol:

Barefootmomma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
we grow the 8 ball zuccinni. they dont seem to be as crazy as the regular straight zuccinni

Justme

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm thinking combining the zucchini bats with the 8ball type and have an all vegi ball game?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I dehydrate them and use them all year long in soups and stews.