Are we living our dreams?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Grandmothers are genius! I'll have to remember that remedy for stains!
There is a water shortage in a lot of places. Hard to be conscious of that when you live somewhere that has too much water!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I learned years ago that whenever we had the El Nino rains in California, it meant that India was having a drought...

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Lord God has a lot of confidence in my capabillities. Amen.
Thats the short version of my entry....the longer version needs some thinking, and a few cups of coffee. Have a great day my friends.

hqueen13

Reaction score
The good lord always has a lot of confidence in our abilities, even if we don't! And somehow, we always make it through, and come out stronger and better on the other side.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The last shift of my weekend was shaken up by a wild text message from my sister. It was rather cryptic. "Call me!!! Police. Court. Possible jail time." How would ya'll like to piece that one together? As it turns out, Daddy had company, who wouldn't be the type of women we would have liked at his house and they wanted drugs and he didn't have anything (because, Hello...I have it), and IDK exactly what happened, but they accused him of some kind of simple battery charges and he has to appear before the judge in a month. So sister says, they have LOTS of 911 calls from him that the judge will be looking at and they will attempt to have him declared incompetent.
So I have been thinking on setting him up an apt in my house, so he is never completely alone. I'll see if I can take this weekend off, so I can organize and thin out, etc. The wall I have to put up, won't take long. He fussed, but I had to take him to the ER last night and didn't get him home until 1:00AM.
More later.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's so sad that there are people out there willing to manipulate and use the elderly. You didn't go into detail, but I would be willing to bet donuts to dollars that she threatened him and he struck out in self defense.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think he is just being used. He is lonely now that Momma passed and she completed him, in a lot of ways. Daddy is no angel, but he does have dementia and I don't need women going over and playing with his feelings and trying to exploit him, in any way, shape or form. I wouldnl't mind having a decent step-mom, but so far every woman that approached my father has only been there to use him, in some way or another.
I have to run over and check on him, because both times I have been there, he refused to get up out of bed. It would be so much easier if he was just in my house. I would have heard every sound he'd have made.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Sounds like family company would do him good. Help reduce the lonliness and have someone to look out for his best interests.
I hope it settled down in his favor very soon.