Are we living our dreams?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Ditto to what everyone else has said.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
so how are things working out with your dad? trust me on this, his moving in will be a journey for you both. just know that, but you'll both do ok. your in my prayers

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very frustrated today. I need to build a wall so I can set up Daddy an apartment in my house, regardless if he agrees or not. So there are things I need to move around and I've already done some of the moving and got rid of a few things to begin to look organized. Weather has not been my friend. I really need to get a bed to DH's home for middle child, which is her wish and would help me also....esp with what my plans are.
Well, while I'm saying all this, my friend with the cornish roo (well, not anymore because I just brought him home), is stressing out because she is a teacher and has to pay a house note of 1,500 a month, plus utilities, car, food and whatever. I went over and find out she only has herself and the baby insured and is thinking she will have to pay a $90 fine on income tax for DH not being insured, to which I tell her, its my understanding that the fine is $1,400 but hopefully I'm wrong and that set her off crying....seriously, she was crying. Maybe I should have hugged her. What I did instead was offer to hire DH to construct my wall. So we went inside and he agreed to build it. Okay the house looked worse than mine, as far as tidiness goes, the yard is unbelievable and the roosters outnumber the hens 3 to 1; and there he sits, holding the baby surrounded by boxes and various, out of place items. So I tell him to come mid-morning....today....hello???? Its 10:35!!! Where is my wall??
I'm not a fool. I've been in some tight spots before, where too much is expected of me. I can only do so much and then I need help. That is one of the reasons I work full-time...because I know if I can't do something, its best I have money to get someone else to do it for me. But I am sorry for my young friend. She has too much on her plate. I just figured he could come over and see about me....I'd give him a little something for his work, DS would talk to him and put in a good word for him at his workplace, he could get a TWIC card, so he'd be able to get a job and this little families life would change, but the guy stood me up.
For myself, I'm happy, because I got this. For my friend, I'm embarrassed.
Well, I think DH is off today, and the sun is shining, so maybe DS and I can throw the bed out of the house and call him over with the pick-up.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah, that's a shame about your friends hubby. Ya'd think if they're in a bad place he'd be trying a little harder....:(

Nice of you to try and help them.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
your friend's dh reminds me of someone i know. he doesn't care who takes care of things as long as he doesn't have to. i feel really sorry for your friend. and you're right, you got this.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There is only so much that you can do to help. If they refuse to make the changes they need to make, then there's not much more you can do. It can be hard to watch them suffer, but it's for their own good. I relate it to a hatching chick. Sure, it can be hard to watch them get out of that shell-especially if it's taking a long time, but they need that struggle to survive. And, more often than not, they get out on their own.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hopefully he had a very good reason why he didn't show. All you can do is open the door. I wish the best for them.
And I hope the rest of your things get taken care of easily!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Grrr....well I tended my animals and put some cypress needles together, hopefully for the chicks to pile up in the container I put for them.
Apparently it will freeze tonight. Trying to think of the fastest, easiest way to protect my plants. Those concrete planters are heavy.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hope you weathered ok! It was 3 yesterday morning when I left the house, if that makes you feel better!

Latest posts