Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So cool! My DH mentions that goats may not be quite so cute when you are looking UP because they got up on the roof! lol! I don't know much about the weather where you are... do you have a growing season long enough to make a CSA workable, or do you need a greenhouse? We only have about 90 days of almost-reliable weather here (recorded snows in every month of the year) so gardening is an art.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Our growing season is pretty decent. But we would have to greenhouse to start seedlings. We have bought seedlings the last 3 years in a row. Can't keep doing that!

Those goats stayed in their yard all winter even when the show was so deep they could have stepped right over the fence! Good goaties! I'm worried about goats escaping. I think they have enough space and things to climb on that they're happy to stay home. I hope! I can't wait to go visit them tomorrow!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad you're about ready to move! Doesn't seem possible it's happening now. It seems like just last week you started talking about this.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is so exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures in your new home

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:weee

It's so wonderful to wake up in the country! We're mostly moved in, minus the contents of the garage and yard shed.

We planted blueberry bushes, hiked the property, the dogs swam in the river. I've been working on getting the chicken coop ready for chicks. My son plays basketball in the barn.

We need to move a huge wood pile, start splitting wood for winter, and break ground on a new garden plot. Uff dah!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I still remember my first night in the country. We had to sleep on the floor because the moving van wasn't going to get there until the next day. It was spring, and there were wild peacocks in the hills that were wooing each other (and sounding like lost souls!) until about 2 in the morning, and then about 4 the neighbor's roosters started up. LOL, I wasn't used to all that noise, having lived in the suburbs all my life. When I opened my front door, there was this Giant Steer standing on the porch, munching on the wreath I had hung up. Thanks, I hadn't thought about that first day for years (wipes tears of laughter away)!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: So much for the peace and quiet of the country!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That's too funny Britesea!!

My fiancé has all but given up on breaking ground on a garden this year. I'm starting a small raised bed for lettuce and spinach. I started seeds for herbs and perennials too.

My background in dog training has come in handy. The place came with 4 semi-wild goats. At first they would barely come up to me for a treat. It's been a week and now 3 of the 4 will put their heads through a rope loop. 2 of them I can put the rope lead on. 1 will lead very nicely. (She's my favorite :love ) The other goat is the submissive one. He doesn't even bother approaching because the others butt him out of the way. :(

I need to figure out how to get the brooder house plugged in and order some chicks!

Oh yeah... and there are 275 blueberry bushes I haven't pruned yet. :th