Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:sigh: We inquired about getting 12 sheep. They were all struck by lightening last night.

In other news, we'll have chicks in 3 weeks!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
oh...dear... *blinks*
maybe you better go talk to the amish farmer again? I mean... signs???

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know it's difficult to write on a moving planet, but Enquiring Minds would like to know how things are going?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
haha, my planet is sure moving fast! The last 2 weeks have been consumed by work. Very exciting. 14+ hour days. It is settling down now.

We chose a place for a future orchard. It's on a slope in the goat enclosure. It's very brushy - the goats prefer to eat the nice grassy stuff. We divided the goat enclosure in 2 and closed them into the future orchard. I sure hope they eat it! The hill is steep enough that we will have to fence around each tree and pasture it for sheep or goats to keep it mowed. Too steep for a tractor or mower.

No luck on finding sheep. We've contacted a few people with herds advertised and are not getting responses.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you're getting a lot of stuff done. That's great!

Here's something to keep in mind: I'm not sure about sheep, but a full-sized goat on their back legs can be well over 6 feet tall and their necks s...t...r...e...c...h an incredible length when they're reaching for a leaf or a branch! Don't ask my peach trees about goats!

Good luck finding some sheep.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sure is a nice place you have. I wish I had outbuildings like that.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have a full-size dairy goat arriving on Wednesday. She is a former 4H goat, currently milking.

Latest posts