Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And I went to bed real early!

Today is going to be another busy day. I have a lot to do. So, here's my list:

1. Laundry
2. Dishes
3. Housework
4. Work
5. Normal farm chores
6. Clean field and dump manure
7. Finish chicken area
8. Work on cleaning tack shed
9. Garden/orchard/yard
10. Home animals

Hubby has left for work, so I need to get busy.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished today.

I got clothes out on the line B4 I left and ran the dishwasher. Hubby is after me to use it more, so I'm using it for the dishes over the weekend. The rest of the week I plan on doing the dishes in the morning after he's left for work. I did a little bit of housework, but not a whole lot.

I went to work for a couple of hours, then headed to the farm. My field is all cleaned, the cart is dumped and the spreader was spread.

While I didn't finish the chicken area, I did get the roof done and a bit more in there. I'll finish it on Friday. I need another board, so I'm not overly upset that I didn't finish.

I got part of my tack shed cleaned.

I got a bucket of weeds out of the orchard and gave them to the goats. Then I worked on my pond. I haven't really touched it in years, and it was almost completely full of leaves. When I have the time, I've been working on raking them out. You can now see a big difference. I need to get rid of a lot of the irises I have. Then I worked for awhile on the area near my hay shelter. I got 2 buckets of ragweed pulled out. The one I gave to the goats. The other I'll give to them in the morning. I also got some trash picked up. I'm hoping I can work on that area some every day. If I have the amount done that I want by next week, I'll be going to the hay auction. I want to get that filled up first.

I found 2 ticks on me, so I came in and got a shower. Now I'm relaxing for a bit B4 heading to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I kind of miss having the chickens at home. Once I get caught up around here so I can get that area finished, I'll be hatching some out so I can have a couple for tick control. Hopefully they won't wander the neighborhood!

Today is going to be another busy day. I actually woke up B4 the alarm went off, so I'm waiting for hubby to leave. I should be able to get quite a bit done this morning since I'll be starting earlier! And, it rained overnight so I don't have to water. I was going to do that today. Once hubby leaves, I want to be able to get started, so my list for today is:

1. Laundry
2. Housework
3. Dishes
4. Normal farm chores
5. Bible study
6. Appointments
7. Errands
8. Garden/yard/orchard
9. Normal animal chores

I'm hoping I get home early enough to get more done near the hay shelter.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I got everything done on my list, including more near the hay shelter! B4 I left, I had the laundry out on the line, did the dishes and cleaned my kitchen. I got done everything I needed to at the farm, went to Bible study, went to my appointments, ran errands, ate out, got gas, came home, got the animals fed, got the clothes off the line, then raked some more of the leaves out of my pond, then got a bucket of weeds out of the orchard, and another from near the hay shelter. I also got the trash can and recycling bin out where they belong. Hubby took the trash out, but only took the trash from the kitchen. I don't understand why he couldn't collect the rest of the trash. I got a shower, and am now relaxing. If I can get to bed early again tonight, I'm hoping I can get up earlier in the morning again. I want to get shirts ironed and do some housework B4 I leave.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And since I'm seeing progress, that makes it even better!

Hubby's already left for work. I have another busy day and I need to leave early. I have a lesson. So w/out further ado, here's my list for today:

1. Laundry
2. Housework
3. Dishes
4. Normal farm chores
5. Lesson
6. Work
7. Yard/garden/orchard
8. Normal animal chores
9. Motorcycle ride

I need to get busy. At least there's not a lot of dishes to do.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had a great day! I got my list all done. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to since I got home later than I'd planned on. But, I was still able to get a whole bucket of weeds out of the orchard. I was able to rake some more leaves out of my pond. And, I got another bucket of ragweed out from near the hay shelter!

The ride I went on tonight was a nice ride. It's a new group that formed not too long ago and I knew almost everybody in it. I really enjoyed myself. Now I'm relaxing a bit B4 heading to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be a hot one. They're calling for a high in the upper 90s w/high humidity! It wouldn't be too bad if I could get to the farm early and get stuff done. But, I'm helping at the Nature Center this morning w/a school group. JT isn't sure what she'll have me doing. But since the kids are allowed out in the canoes, I may be out w/them. I have my canoe in the back of my truck already. If I don't go out w/the kids, I'll take a trip down the lake later on. I haven't been out yet this year. But I need to leave pretty early. So, I need to get off of here. So, here's my list for today:

1. Dishes
2. Laundry
3. Normal farm chores
4. Nature Center
5. Clean field and spread manure
6. Housework
7. Yard/garden/orchard
8. Normal animal chores

I finally brought some pallets home from the farm. I'm hoping either today or tomorrow I can finish getting the wood shed cleaned out. Then I can get them in and start putting wood in there.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm beat! B4 I left for the farm I had my dishes done and half the laundry. Hubby brought home some blueberries yesterday, so I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I don't put anything on them when I have them, so I took the rest of them w/me for lunch.

I managed to get everyone fed, and even started on cleaning the field while I was waiting for the horses to finish eating. Then, I headed to the Nature Center. I actually made it on time! The kids were late getting there because the buses were late picking them up, then they hit a detour. So that really pushed stuff back. And I was out in my canoe. By the time they finally left, I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and take a nap. Instead, I headed to the farm.

Once I was at the farm, I put the wires up in front of the parking area. Then I let the horses out. Misty and Licorice went right in, Stormy didn't. Instead he stayed by my tack shed telling me he wanted to eat. So, I fed him. While he was eating I got my field all cleaned. Once he was done, I went and spread the manure, then kicked all of the horses out of the field and mowed it. Each time I mow it, it looks better. I'm seeing less and less dock and more and more grass. The buttercups are still pretty numerous, but at least w/them mowed, it's easier for the horses to get to the grass.

When I finally got home, I finished the laundry. I was going to clean the bathroom then, but changed my mind. Instead I went out and took care of the animals, pulled a bucket of weeds out of the orchard, then pulled a bucket of ragweed up by the woodshed. W/that done, I went in the house and cleaned the bathroom.

Once that was done, I got a nice relaxing shower, then found something to eat. I'm thinking of going to bed early. For some reason, I'm tired!