Dreaming...

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well the first one may not be too attractive to look at but that's nothing a coat or two of paint can't fix and its got electricity, water and the septic on site.

The second one needs a touch up coat too and its where you'd like to live but how much renovation is needed (it says complete but does that mean no electricity, water or plumming?) I also see it only says two bed... Not a problem as more rooms could be added but where's the RR?
Both have a nice amount of land though :)

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
which ever one you choose be sure to get as much land as you can. you'll be amazed at the things you will want to do that will require room. you need to know that my dad's family is from co. caven and it has always been a dream of mine to go there. ireland has always been in my dream so i am living vicariously thru you. thank you for sharing all the pictures

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I am going to try and get as much land as I possibly can, which is why I'm looking at the e50,000 range now. There are some nice properties out there...

That is the thing, @Myhouseisazoo2 Some of these houses haven't been modernised. That could put a damper on things. I need my comforts!

@goatgurl We stayed over one night in Co Cavan, in a haunted guesthouse! I kid you not... Lovely town and county though. I'll be posting loads more pics once I'm home again. That place is so photogenic and now I finally got a decent camera, I'm going to take lots of pics to share.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@sumi plus the costs to modernize might take you over budget... I've an uncle that has a septic back in Michigan and I vaugly remember it breaking one winter when I was really really little. Needless to say we didn't visit him for quite a while :hide

I agree with the more land thing, there's always the desire to improve and grow more!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Our promising buyers had a hiccup with their sale and there is apparently another buyer that is waiting for their sale to get going, that are also interested. Hurry up and wait? :barnie

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Still :barnie waiting... Hopefully they will let us know soon. In the meantime I've posted an ad myself, advertising it privately. Fingers crossed!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope the sale moves forward soon! :fl