Dreaming...

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like this last one, it looks nice from the few pictures. Though I'm curious when it says options on a further C. Does that mean you might be able to purchase a further amount of acres?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Yes. If I buy this place I have to option to buy some additional land, though it's a good size property as is. 3.72 acres is a good size for what I need. (I need a minimum of 2 acres, though more would be better obviously!) If the price is good on the extra acreage and it's good quality land that I can use for something I may consider it... IF I buy this one, of course!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahh! Wowie, wish I had that option when I bought this house! Maybe the next place I'll get lucky enough but I've the feeling I'd need to move to another state, its hard to find a multi acre place here that doesn't have scorpions :barnie I can deal with big cats, bears, badgers, coyotes and wolves but I can't handle scorpions or rattlers.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't know that I'd want to handle any of those! But then again, they're not something I really have to worry about here. And things that I'm used to dealing w/others probably wouldn't want to. While we're not as bad as Florida, we do get the occasional hurricane or remnants coming thru. They don't bother me because of how far we are inland, but I know for others, that's something they don't want to deal with.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Myhouseisazoo2 For that size land I think the price will probably be the same as for the house... That I can't afford at the moment, but if I go for this place I will find out what they want for the additional acreage and keep the option open. Land is definitely useful! If you go down on the listing you will see "Map View", click on that and at the top of the window "Satellite View". You can see the area and get an idea of the land from there, though you can't zoom in very close. The "Streetview" option (if available) is HUGE fun to play with :)

Scorpions worry me a bit, though I do like them. I'll never forget one day I was cleaning up my son a bit with a wet washcloth, when a scorpion crawled out of the cloth. I nearly died...

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would probably die if one crawled out on me, I have thankfully not run into either scorpion or rattle snake (as I am terrified of both). Thankfully I've lived in places that aren't breeding grounds or scorpion homes already... Sounds really dumb but I would so rather take on a mountain lion than a scorpion!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sumi, hoping your place sells right NOW!!! You are finding some great looking places, I love the old buildings.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red
Property Description:
Classic renovation project comprising derelict cottage, outbuilding on circa 3 acres partly hilly land. House has been empty for decades, and is now a roofless house shaped pile of stones with a hawthorn tree growing inside, and full of brambles. Situated in a quiet, rural, somewhat out of the way location with river running near the house. Access from the public road by drivable track . Numerous mature trees on site. Small scale quarry on site. Major project for the adventurous. Could be wonderful.

Now that's a proper spin!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
any news on the sale of your present house? I'm voting for house before last. good amount of acreage and livable just the way it is and you can always add on for more room.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
goatgurl, no :( I'm going bonkers here waiting and wondering what's going on. I'm hoping we will hear something today. The house before last got some bids on an auction site, unfortunately, so I think that one is off the table, but there are others. This one:

http://www.daft.ie/sales/bridgecarton-boyle-roscommon/935190/

With all that land? The house is ugly, but in good nick, so it will most likely sell quickly.

This one... oh my soul, Killarney :love If I could choose a location, that would it, right there. LOVE that city and the surrounding area is breathtaking.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/shannera-upper-beaufort-killarney-kerry/727499/

Latest posts