hope you are feeling better. fingers and toes still crossed

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is nerve wracking. Crossing fingers, toes and eyes!! :fl

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We spoke to the agent this morning and she said the people "are still in". She is waiting and trying to get them here so they can view our place, as she's not willing to sell it sight unseen. Which is quite understandable. They told her they will get confirmation of their sale tomorrow, so hopefully we'll hear something then. I found a nice looking property in Co Cork. It is a bit over our budget, but since everything's negotiable in Ireland at the moment I'm going to investigate:

http://www.irishruralhomes.com/for-sale-glouney-carney/4564733294

I saw this note on myhome.ie the other day, when looking at a property description, tagged onto the bottom of the description:

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.47.15.png

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sumi, all magic aside this could easily be the one. it has everything you want and need. make a good offer and see what they say. i really like it and i hope it is your future home.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm a not late to the party here but all of these places look amazing!

If you get the 2 bed one (the last one You posted) you can always build onto it to make it a 3 bed or more if desired. I would absolutely love a place like this one <3 so much land to do stuff with! I hope everything works out and you can sell your place getting the home of your dreams!

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
...... I found a nice looking property in Co Cork. It is a bit over our budget, but since everything's negotiable in Ireland at the moment I'm going to investigate:

I am living proof that it never hurts to try. We put a bid on a property that the real estate agent said was lower than bids the owner had turned down. Our luck, the man's uncle had just passed and left him what wealth he'd had. The man took our offer, just happy to have the house sold.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like that last one you posted.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Smart Red I hope we have your luck when our turn comes!

The Galway house is on an auction site as well and it got bids already :( So I'm looking again. This property has potential: http://www.daft.ie/sales/ballindrimley-castlerea-roscommon/737510/ Love the outbuildings..

And I found a ruin I checked out out of curiosity. The property description made me laugh. That agent is nothing if not honest LOL And optimistic:

Property Description:
Classic renovation project comprising derelict cottage, outbuilding on circa 3 acres partly hilly land. House has been empty for decades, and is now a roofless house shaped pile of stones with a hawthorn tree growing inside, and full of brambles. Situated in a quiet, rural, somewhat out of the way location with river running near the house. Access from the public road by drivable track . Numerous mature trees on site. Small scale quarry on site. Major project for the adventurous. Could be wonderful.