framing fowl -daily living

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
You could check on craigslist.org for a milker or post a wanted ad if they don't have any listed. You might also look on e-bay for a used one?

Today I got the back doors to our garage painted finally. One of those niggling projects that needed to be completed before winter and before the house goes on the market. Got the shed cleaned out which I hadn't done yet from getting rid of the chickens.

Also got the garden weeded. Spinach coming up nicely as is the lettuce. I'm sure I'll be harvesting them well into winter. The carrots aren't going to get much growth on them before frost. I guess they'll either die or go dormant and come up when they're supposed to in the spring. This is my first attempt at a fall garden and I got a late start but better late than never.

Threw some soaked almonds in the dehydrator. Planned my to do list for tomorrow. Need to finish up dishes and head to bed early tonight.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Haven't been feeling 100% the last few days. Did nothing for my b-day on Sat. which was great! Going to bed early and curling up with my current book Son of Hamas. Story of the firstborn son of one of the founders of Hamas who was captured and tortured by the Israeli's, then changed his heart, gave his life to Christ and then ended up being a double agent for Shin Bet.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Life's been crazy lately. I finally went shopping for Levi's and am now officially a size 8!!! Very exciting!

We spent 4 days in OR celebrating DH's parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was a geat time with both sides of his family. It felt good to be back in the NW again. Looking forward to next summer.

Start another pt job tomorrow. It's a temp job through the holidays at the Amazon warehouse. I guess I'll be walking a lot -15 miles in 10 hour days on weekends. Cranking it out and knocking down debt.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
It's blowing up a gale out there, fixing to storm. All of my spring bulbs are poking their heads up already and our two trees out front have buds. I don't like this. It doesn't feel right.

I haven't consulted my old book of weather folk-lore for awhile so I pulled it out and here is what it says for January 1 "The Feast of Circumcision was very generally considered by our forefathers as ominous, and as prognosticating the weather of the ensuing year." Then the text quotes from Digges 1596 "It is affirmed by some, when New Yeare's day falleth on the Sunday, then a pleasant winter doth ensue: a naturall summer: fruite sufficient: harvest indeifferent, yet some winde and raine: many marriages: plentie of wine and honey: death of young men and cattell: robberies in most places: newes of prelates, of kinges: and cruell warres in the end."

Then from the Shepherd's Kalendar: "If New Year's day in the morning open with red dusky clouds, it denotes strife and debates among great ones, and many robberies to happen durring the year."

Then these are various proverbs concerning a mild January: "If grass grows in Janiveer, It grows the worse for it all the year."
"If you see grass in january, Lock your grain in the granary."
"January blossoms fill no man's cellars."
"March in Janiveer, Janiveer in March, I fear."

So what's your weather?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Mild but turning off colder tonight with the front coming in later today. It's windy right now. I hope it doesn't get too cold though. I am enjoying the mild weather. It's pretty typical for us though...the weird weather..we seem to be on the imaginary line that can never make up it's mind what season it wants to be :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Did ya'll see on the news about the blackbirds falling out of the sky again the second New Year's day in a row in Beebe Arkansas?