Is Our Economy Going To Crash?

Is our economy going to crash?

• It is going to crash hard, all at once.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • It will be a slow gradual decline.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is crashing now and is already in decline.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • My personal economy already has crashed.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • My personal econony ain't doing so hot.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • We will have a depression worse then the 1930's

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Our econony is wonderful.

• There will be no crash, how ridiculous!

• My personal economy has never been better!

• There will be no depression.

• Total voters

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Its weird, but I could shovel, rake and haul stuff all day, and it doesnt feel like work... just natural...
When I go to work and turn on a computer it feels like a burden and chore.

I feel more comfortable sweating in the yard than I do sitting at a desk in the A/C.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love working on my property and for myself much more than working for someone else. If the economy crashes, I think we are in much better shape than 99% of others. As I get older, if the economy crashes or not, I prefer to be more self sufficient and further removed from the mainstream.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love kids. And I love teaching. I do not love teaching in a school. I like teaching on the farm, in museums, in the woods, on a bus, haha anywhere not at desks. I primarily worked with kids with autism. Loved teaching life skills. I've always wanted to open a farm school.

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm working as an Engineer, my wife is a RN. We are still young, barely 30. Paid off my student loans just recently, but wife still has several thousands.

I just started my own Machine shop business in my garage, and hoping that will pay the bills soon, so I dont have to continue working for corporation.

I dont think I have room for a tractor on my 1/2 acre. lol but I'd still like one.

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I will read that petrodollar thread.. sounds like interesting read... macroeconomics (not my best subject)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah it's mentally exhausting for me. I'm reading a little at a time. Important but hard to digest.

We have 5 acres and access to the adjoining 35 (my parents' land) but it's full of brush and hard to deal with not having heavy equipment. The goats can clear brush but I only have 6 of them, and no LGD so I don't want them where I can't see them from the house. So I will continue to dream of tractors! Haha!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's a tip, consider that they ALWAYS return to feed. When mine get out of the pasture they are in they browse until done and then return -- NORMALLY the same hole they went out!! So you can rest assured that they will. Animals of habit!!!!!! Just try feeding any one "out of turn" and you will be told.

Unless you have a predator problem in the daytime, they will browse and return as soon as you shake the feed bucket -- or for water, or to chew their cud in the fav rest spot.

Mine have never left the property but, when they get out I watch to see the return area. On occasion they will just eat all along the fence and then into the back yard by the barn. Nice, huh? I have 15 acres of nice grass, weeds & browse, no need for them to leave whatever pasture they are in but, some days they feel like a change of pace. :hu

For those "wanting" a tractor....I was 69 when I bought mine! It has been such a help to lift, pull, dig, stretch fence, and so on, that I wonder how I went so long. One day I just called my credit union, then told the dealer to deliver it! :celebrate I had some implements already (long story) but, bought a shiny, new, RED Branson with loader & backhoe. I love it.
Lots of muscle, no dirty laundry, no backtalk, just start & go. Named Arnie.

So just know "one day" your time will come! Funny thing is the loan is for a "recreational vehicle" -- I laugh every time I see that.

Last edited:

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the attempt of liking anyway. It's the thought that counts, lol.