10 Reasons I Peg My Laundry Out to Dry AND THE LONG-AWAITED APRON PIC

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1. To cheat the power company of kilowats.
2. Exercise (bend and s-t-r-e-t-c-h).
3. Fresh air instead of that weird dryer air.
4. Show off my totally hot clothespin apron. :cool:
5. Cultivate a sense of humor (which you need when bird poop ends up on your good blouse).
6. Foster appreciation (especially for a hot cup of chocolate on a frigid drying day).
7. Set an example of simple living to my neighbors (Yes, you can do it, folks)
8. For that super-fresh smell in the clothes (the heck with Bounce!)
9. To keep from throwing my clothing and linens out a lint-catcher-full at a time.
10. To practice coordinating with nature to catch the best drying days (and so to better understand my unique place in the cosmos).

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Oooh! Can I see your clothespin apron?? I usually wear track pant with big pockets and load them up tillmy pants are near falling off. Not a great visual for the neighbours driving down the road. I considered making an clothespin bag that you hang on the line, but I like the apron idea.

The bend and stretch is funny! My kids are still amazed that at my age I can still touch my toes. It's all the clothesline's fault!!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My number one reason:
It is good exercise for the kiddos:lol:... after all they have been sitting all day doing school work!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good list
I leave my clothespins on the line....ready to go for the next time.

I like cheating the elec. company of some kilowatt hours..LOL obsessed with that now! :)

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth - Sure - I'll get a snap of it. It's actually pretty funky but it's doing the job. Makes me feel all Laura Ingalls Wilder. :lol:

FarmerChick - I have the OTHER kind of clothespin. When I moved in the clothesline had pins on it - the spring kind - but little by little in the last 2 years those all fell apart. These were what the dollar store had - and they give me an excuse to wear a hot apron to keep them in.

PamsPride - amen to that!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I find if you leave the pins on the line--eventually the sun and rain will deteriorate them. Alot quicker than if you take them in after every use. And since I am so cheap, ahem--frugal--I don't like having to replace them more often than absolutely necessary. I had them in a bucket, but that busket got left in the rain a couple of times, and I hate putting clothes up with wet pins.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Sacrificing clothes pins to the children...and me not hanging the laundry out myself.....Priceless!!!:lol:

I buy two big bags in the spring for like $4 and they last all summer...and slowly dwindle down by the middle of fall.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Oooh! Can I see your clothespin apron?? I usually wear track pant with big pockets and load them up tillmy pants are near falling off. Not a great visual for the neighbours driving down the road. I considered making an clothespin bag that you hang on the line, but I like the apron idea.

The bend and stretch is funny! My kids are still amazed that at my age I can still touch my toes. It's all the clothesline's fault!!!
Touch my toes??????? I can not even tie my shoes!!!!!:rolleyes:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Ooooh! All very good reasons and me, too. (except I don't have a hot pin apron) :lol:

And #11:

So my MIL will think I am weirder than she already does for using a clothesline because I have a perfectly good dryer in a nice warm house.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
miss_thenorth said:

Touch my toes??????? I can not even tie my shoes!!!!!:rolleyes:
I think you are excused from the touch the toe requirement! When is the baby due? :lol: