10 Reasons I Peg My Laundry Out to Dry AND THE LONG-AWAITED APRON PIC

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hey Ann I buy those too for just about everyone in our house except dh(he wears leather work gloves).

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We only hang ours out in the warmer months. Basically anytime we don't have to heat the house, the laundry is hung out. During cold months, if the woodburner is roaring, I'm drying in the dryer. I like that it puts more heat in the house. Our main source of heat is the woodburner, so if I can run the dryer and up the degrees in the house, I'm happy! Usually we toss the load needing dried in at bedtime so that it is drying at night, putting the heat out during the coldest hours, when we aren't up tending the fire.

The secondary heat source is a propane wall heater. It runs off a 100 pound tank. One tank lasts us about 2 months.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have a new reason to hang out my laundry and try to enforce the rule to all household members. As most of you know I was sick for almost 6 weeks straight. Everyone in the house did laundry and they all used the dryer. Got my power bill - yep - up by almost 70 bucks. After I recover from the shock of the bill I think we will have a family meeting.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow 2dream
so right there you see what that dryer costs you. I know...I hate the bill also! I love my dryer big time, but sure hate the price that comes with it.