10 Reasons I Peg My Laundry Out to Dry AND THE LONG-AWAITED APRON PIC

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is not a great picture.

517_pin_apron.jpg

When my mom died, I had found in her sewing room a pair of pants that she started. This is those - re-purposed to my clothes pin apron. You can't see the extra long ties so it would go around a coat in the winter. I also keep a pair of dollar store gloves with the fingers cut off in there.

It's not deep enough to hold a LOT of pins, though. I'm gonna open the bottom and add on to it. I still have the legs left from the pants she started making.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
HJ,

That apron is adorable! I love the red gingham trim. It's touching that you repurposed those pants. I'll bet you think good things about your mom everytime you tie that apron on.

ed for punctuation

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is a nice apron! How neat that you altered a pair of pants that your mom started to make it! That is so creative!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So nice to have a connection to your mom
very cool!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
That's so cool...what a great idea...I never would've thought of that!

Bet you look really cute in it with the coat and gloves on!!!

Lori

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Love the apron and love the story even more. What a wonderful idea to re-purpose those pants.
But why didn't you post a pic of your Michael Jackson gloves. Are they rinestone studded? :lol:

Hope you know I am kidding. Wish I could wear gloves. Even with the fingers cut out I feel akward trying to hang out clothes with them on.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Cool beans on the pic & the story to boot. I wear gloves in the winter too, but did not think to remove the tips, thanks for the tip(no pun intended).

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I buy those little fourpacks of black gloves, you know, the kind that look like they fit a little kid but expand to fit just about anyone - I use them when I'm hanging out the laundry. They're not all that warm, but they take the curse off.