10 Reasons I Peg My Laundry Out to Dry AND THE LONG-AWAITED APRON PIC

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tie a knot! ;)
HA HA HA

yea those jeans are heavy wet...they sure sag a line!

funny HM, you know me about dryers, well now I even hate to turn it on...LOL...oh, what the other forum would think huh? LOL

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I always put the jeans near the end of the line where there's a bit more support, never in the middle. So far so good, but I'd like a better setup than what I've got, I need more line space. On a good drying day I'd like to be able to hang out two loads at once, not one after another.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am still line drying my clothes, --but in the foyer of my house. It's too cold outside. The only thing I am using my dryer for is towels and bedsheets, so the dryer gets used twice a week.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The old folks that built this house had clothes lines in the attic....smart folks back then...for drying in the winter. I use the lines for drying flowers! :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It was the metal poles that broke(bent actually) from the top. It is a rotary dryer that I currently use. So now all my clothes are very close to the ground. We got a long pole to pole type line setup from freecycle that we need to figure out where to set it up at & it will actually give me more line drying space.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh serious breakage..LOL
tying a knot ain't going to do it.>HA HA

get Don to work...now...new line...while you can still dry outside in that GREAT weather you are having! :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I can still use it but not for the jeans that is for sure. Today he is making the frames for my greenhouse tents. He went to Home Depot(don't tell Scott) yesterday & got the pvc parts. He even cahgned my design a little to make a pitched top on them so if it rains the water won't pool & rip the plastic(he's so smart about these things). So they will actually resemble greenhouses on a small scale. Now still trying to figure out how to attach the plastic to the frames.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Ooooo I have other ones to add to the list....

to practice patience, tolerance and forgiveness when your cat sprays your clean sheets to mark them as hers....

to give the kids something to do....mine love running back and forth through freshly hung sheets and towels and screaming the whole time (they're 3 and 20 mos)

to make the neighbors think you're crazy for hanging stuff out in the winter

to run outside like a madwoman when a sudden thunderstorm comes up...don't ya hate it when that happens!

Good list!

Yeah, where's the apron pics?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
greenhouse tents?!
my goodness you are moving forward!!!!
you are a whirlwind and so is your handy guy!

I always wanted a greenhouse but never had time to get one up....I just use the old fashioned cold frame and Tony's Dad, what he does from olden days, digs a big square hole about 1 foot deep ---plants everything in it like cabbage and covers with a old glass door or something....very handy cold frame when you are poor and have no other way of doing it. I have a few of these little in ground cold frames...they work great but are back breakers when needing to thin out plants..HA HA
you lucky gal! :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I want a greenhouse too, but that is a someday project. We are making a pvc frame & then covering them with 4mil plastic. I am hopeful they will work. If I can get my pics to upload I will take some after they are completed & in place & post them here. If they work then I have really upped my growing season to yr round here then. We are just making 2 of them right now to see how they do. I was thinking if they do work well then maybe we can build some & try to sell them to people around here who garden but aren't too handy on buildig things.