hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing piccies of your progress. I would love to quuilt, but I am quite certain that I do not have the patience for it.
I was at an Amish quilt auction for a short while Saturday, and the cheapest one went for $425.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used to love quilting, but I never have time for it so I haven't done it in a long time. I have made my daughter a few different quilts, just kid-sized ones of plain blocks or triangles. I made a few baby quilts that I gave away, I have an appliqu quilt (the first one I did--it's a total mess), and I have a bunch of variable star squares pieced together that have never found their way into a quilt top. Someday I'll finish it....

Good luck, Neko-chan! I hope you enjoy the journey.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I recently purchased fabric to make quilts for my two daughters for Christmas (planning an entire home made Christmas actually) but I haven't cut anything out yet. Both quilts will be the same block pattern, but in different fabrics. I'm hoping they will go together quickly because I piece the blocks and put them all together with a sewing machine, where I will slow down will be the quilting, as I do that by hand.

I've done a few quilts before--one for hubs' brother and sister-in-law when they got married, one for my brother and sister-in-law when they got married, a baby quilt for each of my girls when they were born, and two baby quilts I did as shower gifts for a couple of gals at church. I may have photos of some of them lying around, I'll check and scan and post them if I can find them. :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm going to make one later this year... money is too tight to get supplies right now, but going to do an asian fan.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I made two quilts but it was such a lot of work and the end results, while beautiful, seemed to fragile to really use for anything, so I drifted away from the craft. I do remember some of how to do it though. Why don't you just make equal blocks for awhile and make a blanket? It isn't hard to cut a back to fit whatever size your blocks end up being. I machine sewed the tops but hand quilted the layers together and the finished edges was the technique I used.

I have a dear friend who is an avid quilter, I could pose a question to her if you have any questions that are especially hard. She does the kinds of quilts that win quilting shows and travels all around studying the fancy techniques. She would probably LOVE to have a quilting question posed.

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ohhhhh I love this thread!!!! I have been thinking and thinking and wondering how to start a quilt and wah lah here is this thread!

Okay so first .... get material and cut into squares and I can do it without using that intimidating looking sewing machine that i swear is possessed :ya