2022 Resolutions List

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Spent about 2 hours in the basement. Have about a full trash can pile of stuff sitting off to the side. Did not find the rest of my canning jars yet
I hope to start my basement today. Upstairs and kids rooms are done-ish. (Needs dusting and floor washed) Final tally: 8 bags to goodwill, 6 trash bags 😲

We have to clean/put away the stuff we brought downstairs. Then basement.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Me too! If I see it, I eat it :)

same here along with emotional eating or eating just because it's there. i have made a lot of progress but i still have a ways to go. living with someone who is always cooking and making goodies and me also liking to cook and make my own goodies too is a recipe for disaster if i have too many moments of weakness. self-control is a constant issue. if i live by myself i don't have so many temptations around. here Mom is always buying stuff that i don't really like but i will eat it. and then the issue of not wanting to waste food or throw food away.

good thing spring/summer is coming up. i need to get this extra weight off as soon as possible.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Didn't get to the basement, but did a sucessful shopping trip. Got a keto cereal that's a step away from my cereal habit. It's filling from the high fat and doesn't have the sugar high addictive effect. its pricey, but that's okay for now. DH didnt mind it, which is impressive. I'd be happy to get him switched off junk cereal. (Its the one junk food I havent been able to get out of the house.) Kids will switch to oatmeal or eggs easily. DH won't.

I didn't buy anything off-plan at walmart or grocery store, despite DS6's tantrums. We were up until midnight playing board games last night, so he had a hard day. We had to sit down and hug in the walmart aisle a couple times.

I forgot a water bottle :he so I did drive thru to get diet soda for me and a single cheeseburger for DS6. Again, shifting and downsizing the habit.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I was that slim and trim looking I sure as HE// would not be worrying about situps......:hide
:lol::gig:smack
100% agree!!!
The sit-ups are to strengthen my back muscles. I did 50 sit-ups one morning and my back hurt for a week! I do leg lifts for the same reason.

Thank y’all for the lovely compliment!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That’s called the SEE FOOD DIET! LOL

haha! for sure! the other thing i need to do is have more meals together with Mom because if i eat earlier and then she warms something up it might smell good and get me hungry for something again. if we ate at the same time i think i could avoid some calories. hard though when we're often on quite different schedules (she wakes up pretty early, etc.)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm happy with my success using supplement to support mitochondrial function. I'm on the right track. Next step is calorie restriction by 25%. (uggh) I don't want to do it but I always feel better when I eat less. I need to figure out a way to track this without counting calories. Counting calories ends up encouraging me to eat packaged foods which is counterproductive.

I need to stop buying crackers. :(

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Since last I posted, 4 more totes gone through, 5 computer paper boxes. A big tote filled up with excess clothing, freeing up more closet space.
Three trash bags of shredded financial stuff.

Getting down to the wife's stuff in the computer room. Now to start nagging her.

Oh yeah, score! Found a full $25 Amazon gift card. 😀

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’ve been doing the exercise bike every day but my eating habits haven’t improved… so that’s my next goal. I’m going to quit dairy for a few weeks because I seem to be having issues related to dairy consumption.

I’ve been rearranging our school/craft space so the house currently looks like a disaster but should be in better shape soon!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH cleaned the basement yesterday :love I'm relieved to not have to do it. It's a monstrous task because DS14 trashes the basement regularly.

Upstairs needs cleaning (again!!) Apparently I didn't throw enough stuff away :rolleyes: I also need to clean my studio. A friend's kid is coming over this weekend to work on her sewing project.

I bought a weighted vest to work on my core strength and bone density. I have been wearing it for an hour once a day. I think I'm ready to wear it for longer starting tomorrow.

I started shifting back to better eating habits, but got fast food today. Uggh! I have more problems with feeling self-indulgent than with emotional eating.