2022 Resolutions List

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to hear more details on the 'taters. šŸ˜€
Golden potatoes, unpeeled, boiled till soft. Drained, ricotta because I didnā€™t have any sour cream and raw milk.

Definitely didnā€™t taste like I was expecting. But mom uses the boxed stuff and so Iā€™ve only had the real stuff at a restaurant šŸ¤£. I need an Irish friend šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

@baymule told me to just ā€œpeel, cut in chunks and simmer until you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes. Drain, mash, add butter.ā€

Sooo yeah. Definitely wrong,,,, šŸ¤£šŸ˜…

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Golden potatoes, unpeeled, boiled till soft. Drained, ricotta because I didnā€™t have any sour cream and raw milk.

Definitely didnā€™t taste like I was expecting. But mom uses the boxed stuff and so Iā€™ve only had the real stuff at a restaurant šŸ¤£. I need an Irish friend šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

@baymule told me to just ā€œpeel, cut in chunks and simmer until you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes. Drain, mash, add butter.ā€

Sooo yeah. Definitely wrong,,,, šŸ¤£šŸ˜…
sounds right. try again and serve with lots of butter and salt?

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mashed potatoes in "boxes" are real potatoes... honest... they are dehydrated potatoes...but they are usually nice and smooth and creamy. If you make boxed/dried potaotes with milk and a little butter they are pretty good. And they don't get soft, grow, or rot and smell!!!!
But for real potatoes made into mashed... @baymule is right. Peel, boil (gently simmer)... in water to cover, til you can stick a fork into them and they are soft. Usually in the 30 + minute range.... Drain, add a couple tbsp butter, and a little milk (do a 1/4 cup at a time) and mash. I "cheat" because I use a hand mixer rather than an actual "masher"... makes them creamy and smooth.
I knew they were potatoes, just not quit the same experience. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seeing you post on this threadā€¦.. I have been derelict in my sit-ups! I have the coffee pot made, just have to hop out of bed and turn it on in the morning, then back in bed to do my sit ups.
Thanks for the reminder and guilty feeling!