2022 Resolutions List

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My parents knew an older woman that pursued minimalism to the point of being able to move unassisted. She got rid of any furniture she could not move by herself. I admire her, but I think I'd rather keep the furniture and save money to hire a moving company.

it used to be that i could move everything i owned by car. two large bookshelves have changed that but they could be taken apart if i really had to - instead i'll likely just get someone with a truck to help or rent one. maybe i won't move again. dunno.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I took 5 boxes to Goodwill last Friday! It felt good. Couple more rooms to go but getting there. Just the basics here, kids are bored I say go outside! HA!

if we didn't keep things picked up toys could be "lost" aka thrown away or hidden. Mom generally didn't put up with too much for long. outside, yes, we were often outside all day as soon as any kind of weather came along that we could survive.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok! New new year’s resolution. I need to learn to make some food besides Italian. I tried to make Irish stew yesterday and my mashed potatoes were all wrong and slightly disgusting. I want my kids to grow up with culture 🤣

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ok! New new year’s resolution. I need to learn to make some food besides Italian. I tried to make Irish stew yesterday and my mashed potatoes were all wrong and slightly disgusting. I want my kids to grow up with culture 🤣
I have to hear more details on the 'taters. 😀

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Every time I try to make mashed potatoes they come out like lumpy glue😂 my husband’s ancestors were Irish, I can feel his disappointment though he’d never say anything 🤣

have you ever tried a ricer?

i really don't care if there are lumps or even peelings in them so we don't usually have the gluey problem. when i really want to impress Mom i use the hand mixer after hand mashing them as much as i can get the lumps out. we used to have a ricer back in the childhood days and i wish i had a good one now as that makes it much easier. rice them and just mix a few moments with the milk and butter (and sour cream :) ).

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Made a HUGE dent in the kitchen today with the wife's help. All of the canning stuff is in one location in the basement, with the exception of the jars in the garage bought yesterday. Haven't found the kitchen table or big counter yet, but progress made. Then her kidney stone pain flared up and she had to sit down

The cats are confused. Hiding spaces in the kitchen are gone!
Congrats! Your cats will never forgive you... :gig