2022 Resolutions List

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone interested in posting a list of goals for 2022? Sometimes it helps to have them publicly posted for self accountability.

Had a lot of thinking time on the road the past week and I realize I need to keep my feet to the fire.

Keep them SMART
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant and
Time bound
Sounds like a Franklin Convey plan

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
that's a nice theory but what happened with me was that i just never took stuff out of boxes and then kept moving those. i still have a few boxes here that i've not gotten into much but only a few now. i've whittled it down quite a bit the past few years. i've been here about <mumble> years... heh...
If you never took it out of boxes you must not need it? :hide

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are 5 people and 2 dogs in this not very big house. Myself, DD2 and DS are happy to part with things we don’t use. DH and DD1 are both the ones who make the biggest messes and the ones who carry on about getting rid of anything. Primal screaming sounds good 😂

put DD1 and DH in the same room? :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You are dreaming. There is no such thing!
If you want to be stress free about moving, the only way to do that is make up your mind that you aren't going to let things get to you. Mind over matter. Worry with it all you can, change what you can, then give it to God and get on with life.
When I mean stress free, I mean end of chaos. There was no overall plan. We had the movers booked a month in advance and were still tossing stuff into random totes the night before. Some stuff got broken or so hopelessly lost we bought a replacement instead of finding the original

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Currently tops my list for best book ever written. It validates some of my parenting ideas, explains why, and then takes it to a whole new level that blows my mind.

@Cecilia's-life, if you get a chance to read a book, this one is worth it. Best to read it before kids turn 2 years old to avoid regrets.
Sounds good!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got back into a time-restricted feeding/fasting groove and have been more active (training dogs, gardening). I was surprised by losing 5#! :weee

About 20# to go before I feel comfortable in my skin.

I'm struggling otherwise. Too much on my plate since my work didnt end on time and I'm on my summer schedule now. I need to write an unfun email to my boss - I dobt have it done, cant give you an expected date to finish it, and cant take the last contract. Uggh.