2023 Resolutions

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still in process, but seeing a disturbing trend in the open housing market, now that mortgage interest rates are hitting 8%. A number of local homes coming on the market look like failed "flip" attempts. Outside grounds not cared for and interiors completely gutted to bare walls. Great prices, but not if you need to spend at least that much to make things liveable.

a younger person who's willing to live a bit rough for a while could make that workable, but for people with family that's a tough sell because you're stuck living someplace else while trying to get another place ready.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Turning attention to poke at the home office room. Stacks of printer supplies for an ink jet printer. We have a laser printer. Wife is developing an eye tic as I state my intention to toss.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Poked away this weekend, but not what i planned. Lots of little steps for me, but progress nonetheless.

Wife slept until noon. Said she couldn't sleep overnight, but not using ANY of the meds and equipment we've spent way too much on this year that was supposed to help. Gotta find a tactful way of bringing this up.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I donated 6 paper grocery bags today. 4 or 5 kitchen trash bags gone too. Just keep throwing stuff away until my kids decided maaaaaybe they should put their stuff away... 😬

that was one way of dealing with it. another was to throw it on the bed.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Poked away this weekend, but not what i planned. Lots of little steps for me, but progress nonetheless.

Wife slept until noon. Said she couldn't sleep overnight, but not using ANY of the meds and equipment we've spent way too much on this year that was supposed to help. Gotta find a tactful way of bringing this up.
We had brief conversation last night. We'll see

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We had brief conversation last night. We'll see
is "revenge insomnia" a thing for your family? It's an issue for a lot of people with chronic illnesses because we don't have much control over what happens during the day. People who have conditions that improve at night are especially vulnerable to falling into revenge insomnia / bedtime procrastination. I have issues with it too. It usually shows up in my resolutions. 🙈 I have not been successful in getting myself to bed at an appropriate time when my kids are extra difficult.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
is "revenge insomnia" a thing for your family? It's an issue for a lot of people with chronic illnesses because we don't have much control over what happens during the day. People who have conditions that improve at night are especially vulnerable to falling into revenge insomnia / bedtime procrastination. I have issues with it too. It usually shows up in my resolutions. 🙈 I have not been successful in getting myself to bed at an appropriate time when my kids are extra difficult.
So I am fighting my instincts to address this like I would at work, review the issues, prioritize, and fix step by step. She needs to figure it out.

It takes roughly 4 weeks to get mind-set changes to set in.

I am just really frustrated and will leave it there