2023 Resolutions

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I got lucky. I did most of mine. I could lose a few pounds, but whatever. I'm close enough to my goal to feel good in my skin.

I did a couple things differently than I expected. 🤷‍♀️

July resolutions, anyone?
More of a goal.
Not to negatively engage the ex at our son's engagement party. Drunk bipolar people on the manic phase are not fun. Kept my cool, her significant other had to drag her off to deescalate the convo. Sorry, lady, you destroyed your relationships with your daughters trying to pit them against me. You can't demand I make them have a relationship with you, nor should you insist my wife get involved. Tense 5 minutes.. she is HIS circus and HIS monkey now.

We celebrated our escape with ice cream on the way home

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got lucky. I did most of mine. I could lose a few pounds, but whatever. I'm close enough to my goal to feel good in my skin.

congrats! it's nice to not be carrying so much extra right now when it's bound to get hotter again and sure enough this next week is going to be back up.

I did a couple things differently than I expected. 🤷‍♀️

July resolutions, anyone?

survive the heat and keep the gardens weeded as much as i can get done in the few hours a day i'll have. losing a few more lbs would be nice but i suspect it will be a challenge just to hold where i'm at. a few parties on the schedule and good food and cakes will be really available.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More of a goal.
Not to negatively engage the ex at our son's engagement party. Drunk bipolar people on the manic phase are not fun. Kept my cool, her significant other had to drag her off to deescalate the convo. Sorry, lady, you destroyed your relationships with your daughters trying to pit them against me. You can't demand I make them have a relationship with you, nor should you insist my wife get involved. Tense 5 minutes.. she is HIS circus and HIS monkey now.

We celebrated our escape with ice cream on the way home
Woot! Good job!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Let me update my list and add it here.
1. Get weight down to 205. Means I can start wearing clothes I used to wear.
2. Make use of the free garden space, try growing okra and hot peppers 🌶
3. Homestead acquisition is going to depend on two events outside my control, but be ready for it.
4. Convince the wife to be more frugal/save more. I have a dollar amount in mind, I won't publish here.
5. Get a routine house cleaning schedule in place and stick to it.
6. Do my once a month weekend local photo excursion. Used to do this when I was first divorced, was a good exercise and mental health activity.
7. Try new canning recipes, like enchilada sauce. Attempt pickles again
8. Visit my college buddy in SC.
Bzzzt on all of them. :he

However, huge step planned on #3 this week. Going to force one issue to completion.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
OH!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us when or if or if it doesn't happen!!
Still in process, but seeing a disturbing trend in the open housing market, now that mortgage interest rates are hitting 8%. A number of local homes coming on the market look like failed "flip" attempts. Outside grounds not cared for and interiors completely gutted to bare walls. Great prices, but not if you need to spend at least that much to make things liveable.