2dreams - Its Spring In Mississippi w/pallet bed pic

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Now that you mention Zucchini.. I looked and it does look like one. Now I wonder why we don't grow them..

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
2dream....did you ever try your hand at making a quiche?

I thought of you last night when I made a bacon, chedder and caramelized onion one :) Yummy!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Dace said:

I thought of you last night when I made a bacon, chedder and caramelized onion one :) Yummy!
No quiche yet. We have been so busy I have not even cooked. Just grabbing sandwiches where and when we can. Plus the heat has been almost unbearable so cooking and eating have been secondary. Staying cool has been first.
But I want that bacon, chedder and caramelized onion recipe. I just harvested a million onions so need to use some.
Egg and onion quiche anyone. LOL

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
Mmm, quiche. The one Free was posting about elsewhere sounded great. They're pretty easy too.
Did you ever get your snake issue cleared up?
Have not seen the snake lately but did put the word out to step son and all his friends that snake is present and not to be harmed.

I hope he/she hasn't left. I will sacrafice a few eggs to keep a king snake around.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
2dream said:
Dace said:

No quiche yet. We have been so busy I have not even cooked. Just grabbing sandwiches where and when we can. Plus the heat has been almost unbearable so cooking and eating have been secondary. Staying cool has been first.
But I want that bacon, chedder and caramelized onion recipe. I just harvested a million onions so need to use some.
Egg and onion quiche anyone. LOL
The great thing about quiche is you really can put anything in without a recipe...stick with your standard 6 eggs to 1 1/2 C cream and wing it from there. I had about a cup of diced onion in the freezer, so I threw that is the hot bacon grease when the bacon was done. Layers crumbled bacon, caramelized onions and a few handfuls of cheese in the crust, then pour the egg/cream mixture in.

You can layer the bottom of the quiche with what ever is coming out of your garden...they are a great way to use extra produce. Think about what you like in an omelet!

How hot is it there? We have been going thru our usual June gloom...it has been nice and warm the last few days...mid 70's I'd guess. One nice thing about quiche is you can cook it early in the day, toss it in the fridge and just lightly nuke to take the chill off. I think it is better at room temp than hot :)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace said:
One nice thing about quiche is you can cook it early in the day, toss it in the fridge and just lightly nuke to take the chill off. I think it is better at room temp than hot :)
I agree, and better the next day too. I like mine for breakfast. I'll cook it the night before and toss in the fridge til morning.