2dreams - Its Spring In Mississippi w/pallet bed pic

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2dream said:
Funny thing about that table. We were going to put it in the house to use as our table. In the mean time we had the old island torn out and a new island/eating area installed. Now I have no where in the house to put the table. I refuse to part with it because I love the wood top. I have been walking around the house all morning trying to figure out just where the heck am I going to put this table.

DH says NO to adding a room to the house. LOL

Oh well, I guess I can use it this summer on the porch as a canning station.
Beautiful wood and table!!!

Could you cut it in half?

And butt it up against a wall as a side table type thing? Maybe give the other 1/2 away or sell? Never know!

Bunnies...UGH----rabbits are super fickle, yup, you can breed great and all live or the momma goes nuts and they all die. You know..LOL

I have another rabbit in the freezer. Traded it again for sausage pack at the market....yummy. I want to barter bunnies vs. farm them. I have no luck with litters and gave up! :)

So let someone else do the work, raise my easy hogs, and trade-HA HA HA

hang in there.....farming anything, critters or ground is a crapshoot each time.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Tallman said:
2dream said:
I have been walking around the house all morning trying to figure out just where the heck am I going to put this table.
2dream, I hate to see thee going through such stress. Just send the table to me, and I'll put you in my will. :D
I have seen how your will works. First your in then your out. Ummm, you know that kind of reminds me of my MIL. :plbb

I will figure something out. That table is not going anywhere.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - I hear ya on the crapshoot. Of course all of life is that way.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope you get to keep it, it's so pretty! It's something nice to past down, along with a great story! My dining room table was my grandparents, and survived the Great Seattle Fire, which was before even my grandparents. I love things with histories.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hennypenny I would love to see a pic of your table. That is an awsome story that is.

I will take the table to my daughter if nothing else. But I figure I can rearrange enough to get it in the house. (I can always chunk out DH's recliner.) LOL

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I went out the back door and turned right to go turn the water on so I could water my chickens. Took two steps on the back deck and just as I got to the steps going down to the water faucet I stopped dead still and had that instant of panic as I said to myself "SNAKE". Before I could completely panic I realized it was a king snake. I backed up slowly and come back in the house to see if DH would come relocate it. But when we got back it was disappearing under the house. (If you are wondering why I did not reloacte it myself its because I have this really, really bad phobia of snakes). Anyway, I turn the water on, go about my business with "SNAKE" on the brain. I am always pretty good about being aware just because I know snakes like chickens and rabbits and the rats and mice that go along with having animals and
feed. But today I was a little more jumpy. Come back to the house and look to make sure no snake is anywhere around the water faucet as I walk up to it to turn it off.

I step on one end of a stick that is covered in leaves and makes the other end pop up and whack me on the leg.
I discovered that all those expensive test I had a few months ago on my heart were reliable.

There is nothing wrong with my heart as I am still alive and I also discovered that I can still jump like a 10 year old. So my reaction time has not slowed down in all these years. LOL

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck :lol:

Yup, living amongst deadly snakes (in Texas) my whole life makes me real jumpy too!!

Glad the ticker is in good shape!!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
When I was growing up I kept snakes. Lots of snakes. Over the years I have owned over 150 snakes of at least 30 different species. They still scare the @#$! out of me when I come across one unexpectedly.

Years ago, I was weeding the flower garden when the lady that delivers our mail walked up. She was standing their with the strangest look on her face as we were talking. She finally mentioned that the fist full of weeds that I was holding in my gloved hands was moving. I looked down and a small (12 - 14 inch) grass snake was mixed in with the weeds. I won't mention any names, but a certain 45 year old, 6ft tall, 250 pound man, squealed like a school girl and launched that poor little snake into the upper atmosphere. :rolleyes: