2dreams - Its Spring In Mississippi w/pallet bed pic

schellie69

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:hugs I am new to this site but just read your journal I am so sorry for the health issues your family members are facing I will be praying for you and your family remember to slow down and smell the roses.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs I dont know what to say..so I send hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wanda, I am so sorry to hear what you and our family are going thru.
Sometimes life is just brutal and we have no idea why. You will be in my prayers because as Jay said, you are my friend and I care about you.

I have been thru a roller coaster of events and emotions over the last 2 years, this group of people whom I have never met has kept me afloat thru some of the worst days I have ever had. I am blessed to know them and I am blessed to know you.

Let everyone lift you up....love travels far my friend. :hugs

@thefunnyfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I received a text from a friend I had not heard of in a while today and the message was just what I needed and I am going to pass it along to you it maybe what you needed not me.:)

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you, Pray just 27 words. God our Father walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses and please watch over and heal my family in JESUS name Amen

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad that they got the diagnosis on the tumor cause at least now you know what you're dealing with. I know he's in for a long hard fight but at least you know what you're up against.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Our frustration level is climbing. We see the cancer Dr. today but so far, no one wants to tell us that this is what is causing the ALS symptoms. Actually all we are told is "no, you may still have ALS".

So far two Dr's have told us they have never seen anything like this.

If no one can give us at least a 75% guarantee that this cancer is causing the ALS symptoms DH is refusing to have anything done.

His feelings are why go to the trouble, expense, and the horrors of cancer treatments if afterwards he is going to still be facing ALS.

I tend to agree with him. I know if it was me personally facing these two diseases I would refuse to spend my last few functional days dibilitated and sick due to cancer treatments.

And on an up note: Most of our corn this year is absolutely wonderful. We planted Merrit, Orchard Baby Bantum, and something new we tried and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it right now. The Orchard Baby is really good but not doing as well as the other two. So far we have harvested about 80 ears with another 30 to 40 almost mature.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is a hard decision to make. DH still has nightmares about his dad, the cancer treatments he faced and the results of it.

Is there a good cancer clinic there? I know there is a great one here in Greenwood, where I work. They try to focus on the whole patient, not just the cancer or disease. They encourage good eating & I think they have a naturopath on staff.

Good deal on the corn! Mine didn't do squat :/ I got 2 stalks from 40 seeds or so. Not Bakercreek, I got them at a feed store. I'm thinking about ordering what I can over the next few paychecks & just keep them in the freezer til next spring.

:hugs

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just catching up here and wanted to add my :hugs and say that my heart is aching for you and your dh..... And I understand the concept of wanting a diagnosis to be cancer, strange as that sounds....