2dreams - Its Spring In Mississippi w/pallet bed pic

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have a muck bucket filled about 3/4 of the way w/rain water and I rinse off my boots in there! :lol: That's the only reason I haven't dumped it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
2dream said:
Denim Deb said:
:hugs I know how you feel about the rain. It's been so wet here since mid-August that there's only been about 5 or 6 days that I didn't have to wear my muck boots to feed the horses. There's a puddle that just won't dry up. And, we had farmers that weren't able to get all their crops in.
You Win. I won't complain anymore. Its been wet here for about 2 months and I am frustrated but your post got me beyond that. I can now sympathize with someone instead of being frustrated.

Edited to add: Wannabee - how long has it been raining in your neck of the woods? Maybe I should change this to "Complain About the Rain" section of my journal. LOL
THIS time...only aaaaaaaaalllllllllll day long :lol: Still soggy from last time, and rain again. :hu I'm getting bored of it. I got the framework for the greenhouse up, just not covered yet, but it's coming...sposed to be in the 60's sometime next week and that bad boy is goin UP! :D Then, the rain won't matter :p

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
Sounds like a lot of us are having the same weather patterns. Pinkfox you are soooooooooooo right on that tease thing. Bipolar ummmmm. Maybe you are right.

DD I agree, tired of those boots tromping through all the muck but the one good thing is I have this fantastic calf deep water hole right at my back door so I can swhish all the muck off my boots before I go inside. LOL

Rathbone - I actually thought about digging up some daffodils and bringing them inside but my 3 year old granddaughter would probably eat them or strow the whole pot, flowers and all through the house screaming, look granny I found flowers.:lol:
Don't let her get the chance to eat them; Daffodils are poisonous.

Its been raining here, but the temp. is still up at 48* (8:00pm). Its rather warmer than one might expect in Feb., but the rain is just about right ... for Oregon. Daffs are about to bloom, and the roses are telling me that, once again, I haven't got around to pruning them soon enough. I really should do it before the new shoots get much longer.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's snowing here. And, this is the most snow we've gotten all winter!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
No snow here but the temp is 22 this morning. The ground is frozen. The first time this winter season. Thats really bad because I have been thinking about all the rain and no freezing temps. That equals mega bugs for the spring and summer. We really do need a good hard freeze for a few days at least. That does not bother me. It just needs to stop with the rain already. LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
too much rain is such a pain. stops everything and if winter, ICE!! which is never a good thing.

you know I was thinking of planting some stuff....got that spring fever happening since this winter has been so super mild. Yea, we just got cold also. And WIND. big wind yesterday and very cold at that. it is now more of a 'brrrr' time out there.

yell all.....COME ON SPRING! it is sooooo close. :lol:

hope you are doing well this morning!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I wonder sometime if my life will ever be my own again. I have spent the last month trying to clean out my moms house. Work all week. Drive the 90 miles to her house, work all day, drive home, get up the next morning, drive the 90 miles back, work all day, drive home and get up and go to work at my real job. I have one more weekend to go and I should be finished. I hope so cause I decided this past week that I am tired. LOL
So tired in fact that I created more work for myself. But it will be fun work. I ordered Silkie chicks, blue sweedish ducks and a pair of buff geese. They will be shipping on March 21st. I am so excited. And I can truely say this is the first time I have been excited about something in a quite a while. I went home from work yesterday and started working on cleaning out the smallest side of the chicken house. The side the silkies were in before the fox cleaned me out. I have decided I am going to brood all the birds there. Today I will start putting up the temporary boards for containment and hanging the lights.
Other than that, not much happening. Just working and going through tons of stuff from my moms house. I at one time had about 90 contractor bags sitting on my front porch. I am down to about 40 now. Washing all those clothes and weeding through all that paper work (mostly junk) is a pain but I am getting there. My place looks like a hoarders paradise right now.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Congrats on something to do for YOU! It doesn't seem like work when it is something you really want to do :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hi folks, been a while. I have been a busy little beaver. I am trying something completely new this year. 18 pallets, 152 cinderblocks, 4 yards of dirt and 13 bags of Miracal Grow Garden Soil later, I have 6 raised beds. Sorted through about 100 +/- pallets looking for the perfect measurement, untreated pallets was a chore. Stacking them seemed like a job until I started having to handle the cinderblocks to stack around the pallets to keep the dirt in place. But I really discovered what work was when I started filling them up with dirt. Oh what the heck, it was all a job. These things better work and they better last a while.
So far the english peas, carrots, squash, and peppers seem to be doing great. The tomatos don't seem real happy. Not sure what else I am going to plant yet, I really should have done some more companion planting reasearch before I planted I think. But oh well. Its a test year. We will see what happens.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow! And I thought just "tilling" my garden with a shovel was hard work! I sure hope you get some good crops after all that.