Dooley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a goat that considers brown paper/cardboard a real treat. Emergency food source! :p

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Send them my way, they are priceless for rats and hamsters!! Lol.

Btw, anyone that has paper towel rolls, rabbits go CRAZY over them.

mom2bbjandag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I love the idea of stuffing with dryer lint (though I'm trying to get away from using the dryer), and I also saw on another post about cutting the roll about 3/4" into one end, four different slits, then folding them down as you would a cardboard box lid, and use them as starting pots.

I use them to store power cords. I fold the cords back-and-forth into flattened rolls about 4-5" long, then slip the cardboard over it to hold in place. I then write in marker what the cord does or could work for.

My hubby came in a few nights ago and said he spotted roll-less toilet paper in one of the store ads... guess lots of people are finding the leftover cardboard to be wasteful :p

Paula

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mom2bbjandag said:
My hubby came in a few nights ago and said he spotted roll-less toilet paper in one of the store ads... guess lots of people are finding the leftover cardboard to be wasteful :p

Paula
Trust me on this as I used to work for food brokers - the TP people toot a big horn about how it's more 'green' not to put cardboard tubes in the rolls of TP. The bottom line is that's how they can make it cheaper to manufacture, so more profits for them.

(There are a few really great companies out there, but the majority of them don't care about YOU, they only care about how much profit they're making this quarter. ) And now I'll shut up as I'm starting to rant...so sorry.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No one has mentioned building robots! lol. that's what kept my son busy all day yesterday. He took a whole bunch of boxes/tubes out of the recycle bin and made a cute little robot and attached it to the base of his remote-control car. I was saving them for a different school project, but oh well.

Sassafras

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I cut them in thirds and when planting cucumbers, squash and green beans I sink them halfway in the dirt and plant the seed inside. It keeps cutworms off your seedlings.